Are you looking for a unique opportunity to develop and elevate your HR skills? Do you get energy from juggling multiple priorities and interacting with others? We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our team based in our Halifax office for a full-time permanent position.
What you'll do
As a Human Resources Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of people programs within the Firm including:
- Support recruitment and onboarding for staff, law students and lawyers;
- Support key people programs, including the firm's education, engagement and wellness programs;
- Support key processes that ensure our people experience career development, feedback and recognition;
- Administer conference and external training requests and approvals and maintain database;
- Draft internal messaging and maintain current information on the firm's intranet; and,
- General HR administration.
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- University Degree or Diploma with a focus in Human Resources;
- Exceptional time management with the ability to excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, highly detail-oriented, and flexible to changing priorities;
- Strong communication skills with a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism;
- Strong team player with a high level of personal integrity and independent judgment;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office; and,
- CPHR Candidate designation is considered an asset.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits
- Health spending account
- Personal spending account
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- o Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members
- Our Team! - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team.
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
Moncton Business Development Coordinator
Moncton, NB, CA
Saint John Business Development Coordinator
Saint John, NB, CA
Fredericton Business Development Coordinator
Fredericton, NB, CA
Halifax Foreclosure Legal Assistant
Halifax, NS, CA
Moncton Bilingual (French) Client Service Assistant
Moncton, NB, CA