Are you a Legal Administrative Professional looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you excel working in a fast-paced environment in which you learn everyday and where you are challenged to grow professionally?
McInnes Cooper is seeking an experienced Foreclosure Paralegal to join our Halifax office for a full-time permanent position. As part of the Foreclosure team, you will support the Asset Recovery & Insolvency team in the Halifax office by providing high quality support, working to ensure all clients receive the highest level of service.
As a Foreclosure Paralegal you will be responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining secured insolvency, asset recovery and foreclosure files, in conjunction with the lawyer overseeing each matter;
- Preparing correspondence, court documents, reports and other documentation, while updating and maintaining both internal and external software and databases;
- Calculating amounts required to bring accounts up-to-date and monitor payments;
- Process file-related accounting and approve estimates for repairs and cleaning where appropriate; and,
- Prepare necessary documents for deficiency claims.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education, with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in an administrative role;
- Experience working in the area of foreclosure or litigation would be considered an asset;
- Excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, be highly detail-oriented, organized and flexible to changing priorities;
- The successful candidate will have exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be strong team player and have high personal integrity.
Our team members have access to:
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan;
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits;
- Health spending account;
- Personal spending account;
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members.
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team; and,
- Have the opportunity to participate in a variety of teams including Collective Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Special Events and so many more!
McInnes Cooper is committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive, representative of the communities in which we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through our on-line application process.
As part of the recruitment process, MC will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please contact at Alana Burgess at [email protected] or 902.455.8260.
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.