Greening & Sustainable Business Practices, Project Manager
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Full-time, Term up to 12 months
Union Status: Excluded (Non-Union)
Competition # COR 23078
Closing Date: June 8, 2023
About Our Opportunity
This role is responsible for providing sustainability guidance and project support to the Building Infrastructure and Asset Management Group and NSPHA. The GSBP Project Manager Term role is responsible for the strategic development and management of energy & sustainability information system processes, analytical activities, performance reporting, and supporting the continuing development and execution of sustainability strategy, energy management plan and projects. Every day is different, and in all these activities, we'd encourage you to show your ingenuity.
What you'll do
• Provide technical oversight related to sustainable building design strategies and program development coming from the GSBP Team.
• Support and manage the delivery of sustainability programs and initiatives within the Public Housing portfolio including but not limited to: sustainable design standards, sustainable leasing, green teams, energy management strategies, etc.
• Coordinate and work with the NSPHA Facilities Management, project coordinators and management teams to embed sustainability practices.
• Contribute to NSPHA sustainability strategy and help drive the delivery of key objectives.
• Bring new ideas and solutions for NSPHA consideration.
• Support senior leadership in the development of decision-making documents.
• Support Management Teams with their energy and sustainability reporting needs.
What you'll need
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in sustainability, engineering, environmental science, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Development and implementation of energy management plans and/or sustainable building practices and/or energy and sustainability reporting and analysis.
• Experience in developing and enhancing systems and processes for delivering best practice sustainability performance.
• Ability to plan and prioritize deadlines and think strategically to identify innovative solutions.
• Strong problem-solving skills and experience developing sustainability solutions.
• Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view.
• Fluent in English
• One or more of the following PMP certification, CEM certification, BCxP or CBCP certification.
• Experience in the implementation and management of sustainability programs, plans or strategies.
• Experience in developing technical tenders and funding proposals.
• Prior experience working in building consulting and/or project management.
• Familiarity in architectural building systems, mechanical (HVAC) systems, BAS control, metering, and commissioning.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills especially as it applies to building energy including weather correction calculations and baseline adjustment, measurement & verification protocols.
• Advanced knowledge of greenhouse gas reporting systems and issues including calculation validity, applicable protocols, inventory, and boundary considerations
• Advanced knowledge of utility tariff structures, utility bill generation and processing, units of energy/utility measurement and conversion.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility, and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: PR 17
Salary Range: $ 78,899.85 to $ 92,666.82
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.