Do you have a passion for driving results, working with people and delivering exceptional customer experiences? Do you have demonstrated management experience and success in motivating and managing a team? If so, we have the opportunity you have been looking for!
Hickman Automotive Group is looking for a General Manager to join our team at Hickman Motors Limited - Burin. This is a high-level responsibility position that involves overseeing and leading operations and people in our family-owned and operated business which has been in operation in our province for more than 115 years!
Hickman Automotive Group is now over 400 employees strong. But we're not resting on our laurels - we're continually growing, evolving and innovating. You'll find us as dedicated to our employees as we are to our customers. Best of all, you'll get to do the work you love, surrounded by others who bring the same passion and excellence to their work as you do.
What you'll do
- Report to, and work closely with, the Vice President, Manager Dealer Operations, on all matters of planning and dealership operations.
- Reviews with the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Manager Dealer Operations, on a monthly basis, departmental and dealership financial results for consistency with business plan forecasts.
- Meets with managers, individually and as a group, to develop monthly and annual goals and objectives. Holds regular meetings with management to review overall dealership performance to ensure that each department is operating efficiently and profitably and to discuss current issues affecting the team.
- Models effective leadership and fosters a strong personal interest in customer enthusiasm among all departments, leading the team to success and building strong employee morale.
- Communicates management policies and procedures to all employees and ensures that they are clear, understood and are followed.
- Consistently interacts with managers and team members to exchange and coordinate the flow of paperwork and information.
- Develops and maintains strong community and customer relationships with solid rapport with manufacturers, vendors and the general business community.
- Resolves, fairly and effectively, customer complaints that departmental managers are unable to correct.
- The ultimate decision-maker in key team member selection decisions, measuring the performance of individuals, and the dealership overall.
- Proven profit management skills and highly analytical, with much time spent planning, analyzing, and synthesizing business with the ability to conduct trend analysis.
Reviews and approves compensation plans for all employees at the branch and forwards recommendations to Executive for approval.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director in developing timely, effective, and hands-on marketing strategies and assists in creating effective, cost-efficient advertising programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
Leadership Attributes and Management Skills:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business administration is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience in management positions.
- Decisive decision-maker and problem solver, capable of conveying necessary information to other leaders in the Dealership and the Dealer directly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution and personal sensitivities with the ability to delegate and coach when required and openly receive different viewpoints as part of the decision-making process.
- Customer-focused with the ability to respond with empathy and interest to the customer and to engender that action into the delivery of services throughout the Dealership.
- Ability to take an interest in team members, including proactively promoting appropriate development.
- Knowledge of Standard Accounting Policies and financial procedures including working knowledge of bank and insurance terminology and processes.
- Self-motivated; willing to work long hours and take proactive ownership as the Dealership ambassador.
Auto Industry experience in sales and/or service is considered an asset.
- Unwavering commitment to conduct business honestly and with integrity.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Hickman Automotive Group
What does it mean to work at Hickman Automotive Group? Well, we are a 4th generation family-owned and operated business that has been leading the province's automotive industry for 110 years. We believe that Family Drives Everything in our company, so our 400+ employees are all valued and treated like family. Our goal is to go above and beyond to exceed the expectations of our customers and employees! We value honesty, diversity, interpersonal growth, supporting our community, and unconditional dedication to excellence.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you want a career that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a positive and enthusiastic work environment, submit your cover letter and resume, on or before the end of day January 14, 2022.
Hickman Automotive Group is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.