Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
We are currently seeking a full-time General Manager based in Montreal, Quebec. The General Manager will report to the Vice President National sales and is responsible for all activities related to the Quebec market including overseeing financial management, sales & marketing strategies, inventory management and day to day operations of the business.
What you'll do
- Develop Sales & Marketing Strategies for the Quebec market short term / annual plan and also work closely with Senior Moosehead Leadership Team to develop long term 3-5 years business plan
- Deliver provincial sales objectives / volume targets within allocated resources
- Setting objectives & targets, working closely with TMs to build (ensure objectives are aligned with the corporate objectives)
- Coaching and training sales team in the retail and licensee channels.
- Maintain and grow volume for existing customers
- Prospect and acquire new customers
- Manage respective area within acceptable ROI (defined by company)
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Build, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with internal & external key customers and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver distribution objectives within both the retail and licensee channels.
- Ensure team is executing with excellence.
- Hiring, orientation, training and development of sales staff.
- Responsible for performance reviews, employee discipline, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develop and ensure compliance of sales processes.
- Collaboration with cross-functional departments Moosehead and Quebec distributor
- Establish and monitor pricing vs competitive set and industry trends.
- Financial Acumen: ability to integrate revenue and profitability aspects within sales activity to generate greatest ROI within budget guidelines
- Strong understanding of all Provincial regulations (SAQ and RAJC) to important beer into Quebec
What you'll need
- University Degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 6-10 years experience in beverage alcohol CPG environment in the Quebec market.
- Valid driver's license (drivers abstract will be required
- Formal sales training or equivalent sales experience
- Must be competent in Excel, word, Power Ppt, Outlook
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Approaches complex tasks by breaking it down into manageable increments in a systematic, detailed fashion.
- Recognizes that seeking out all relevant information is required to effectively solve a problem.
- General product knowledge / along with interest to learn
- Proven record to lead teams and strong interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills (influencing & communication skills are a must)
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential.
- Ability to manage, develop & cultivate professional relationships.
- Bilingual (English / French) required.
- Managing & development of salespeople calling on the retail and licensee channels.
- Goal oriented, sets high standards, focused on results with demonstrated ability to meet sales goals.
- Flawless follow through / holds self & others accountable
- Humility, selflessness
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Ability to help shape the future of a resilient Canadian, family-owned company
- Passionate and collaborative co-workers
- Comprehensive pension and health benefits package
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00pm AST on September 15, 2017 .
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.