Our development team is on a mission to build a platform that is scalable and reliable while building on industry leading technology. We are a growing and diverse team who is seeking people with robust problem solving skills, a continuous desire to learn and a deep-rooted passion of their craft: building quality software.
You will join a development team of equal peers where you can have an impact from the very first day. If you have experience as a frontend developer and you are ready to take the next step in your career, Harbr is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
You will benefit from a flexible work schedule, sponsored training and much more. You feel passionate about a specific framework/language and you want to attend a conference about it somewhere in North America? No problem! We will set you up. Need a day to work from home to handle personal matters? No problem! We are based in the heart of the brand new Volta Labs offices where you have the opportunity to be part of Halifax's vibrant startup community and meet fellow passionate developers.
What you'll do
- Build and scale user-facing applications
- Develop code that is easy for your fellow developers to maintain
- Create elaborate interfaces and visualization tools
- Champion top programming practices and standards
- Maintain and update legacy code
- Engage with product and business teams
- Participate in code reviews and peer mentoring
- Seek opportunities to build on your current skill set or learn new technologies
What you'll need
- 2+ years building web or mobile applications
- Experience deploying iOS and Android mobile applications is very nice to have
- Strong understanding of RESTful services and APIs
- Experience with GraphQL is nice to have
- Designing technical solutions based on business requirements
- Degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- Share your work on GitHub or your portfolio!
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Harbr, we believe that construction and technology must coexist in a way that creates purposeful and thoughtful user experiences which form the basis of industry re-defining and world-renowned products. Harbr is a software-as-a-service project management platform for retail construction. Our mission is to make it as simple as possible for retailers to build anywhere at scale while maintaining complete control of their brand.
Harbr was born when construction minds and technical intelligence collided through a renovation project. We then decided that we wanted to solve construction inefficiencies due to our personal experiences. As a team we have over 20 years experience working with and for the construction industry. We are a proud Nova Scotia based company providing world class experiences for our customers, employees, investors, partners and supporters. Harbr is part of the Volta Labs startup community and thoroughly enjoys being part of and contributing to the ecosystem here in Nova Scotia.
Harbr supports diversity and equal opportunity in a very serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are certain the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Our company's philosophy regarding gender parity has been endorsed by our clients, investors and supporters as well as the construction, tech and business communities. In June 2018, Digital Nova Scotia presented Harbr with the Diversity Champion of the Year Award. This is a great recognition of the progress that Harbr is making towards creating diversity and empowering women in male-dominated industries.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Snacks and beverages
- Company sponsored training and annual conference budget
- Your workstation and gear: motorized adjustable desk, ergonomic chair, brand new MacBook Pro, 4k monitor and you get to pick your peripherals
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others
- Our team is like family, we like to kick back and relax and enjoy company events