Date Posted: November 7, 2023
Posting Deadline: November 21, 2023
Department: Athletics and Recreation
Type of Employment: Permanent, Part-time, Weekends
Group Affiliation: Bargaining Unit 179, Group 5 ($39,526- $45,367 pro-rated based on hours worked)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Front Desk Information Clerk to join our Athletics and Recreation team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Summer hour schedule
- Employee Transit EPass through Halifax Transit
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Custodial Manager, the Front Desk Information Clerk will:
- Provide customer service to internal and external clients.
- Provide information to current and potential customers on the services the facilities offer.
- Provide access services and support to the Athletics & Recreation facilities and ensures adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversee day to day activities of the Front Desk and facilities, and ensures work assigned to part-time staff is completed.
- Work collaboratively with the Athletics & Recreation team to ensure the timely, accurate and effective delivery of service.
The Collective Agreement can be viewed here.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Front Desk Information Clerk you will have:
- High School completion.
- Community College in a related field of study an asset.
- Proven customer service experience, with minimum one-year related work experience.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cross cultural working experience.
- Computer skills required.
- Experience with POS an asset.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as Black/African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities and women. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.