Are you a natural relationship builder with an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you have the ability to forge strong connections? Have you ever considered a transition into a law firm environment? We are seeking a Business Development Coordinator to join our team based in any one of our New Brunswick offices located in Fredericton, Saint John and Moncton for a full-time permanent position.
What you'll do
As a Business Development Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Business Development team to achieve McInnes Cooper's long-term ambitions and annual business plan objectives;
- Support the development of a pipeline of new business within the province through the use of consistent tactics developed as part of the firm's growth strategy. These tactics include, but are not limited to, conducting client, prospect and industry research, assisting with targeted business development plans and inputting into client relationship management processes and activities;
- Manage and support sponsorships, including assisting with deliverables (e.g., organizing attendance, liaising with vendors, and working with marketing to develop collateral and branding);
- Make budget recommendations and gather data to build business cases and evaluate ROI of spend, and
- Organize and support client events.
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- A minimum of 2+ years' related experience, ideally in a professional services business development or marketing role;
- Experience of selling intangible products and/or services, developing relationships with community partners, event planning/coordination and basic budget management;
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing or a related discipline with a successful track record in developing and coordinating business development activities;
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate and successfully coordinate the efforts of multiple individuals and groups to achieve results, with strong project management skills and an ability to progress multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; and,
- Bilingual in French and English considered a valuable asset.
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits
- Health spending account
- Personal spending account
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team.
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
McInnes Cooper is committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive, representative of the communities in which we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through our on-line application process.
As part of the recruitment process, MC will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please contact Amanda Walker at [email protected] or 902.455.8153