PLATO Testing is seeking First Nations, Métis and Inuit people to join our Foundations in Software Testing course that starts in November 2021 in Victoria, BC!
If you are ready to start a meaningful new career in the IT sector, the PLATO software tester training program is for you. You'll learn the foundations of software testing alongside other Indigenous students and then embark on a three-month internship with one of our corporate partners to put your skills to the test. If you successfully complete the in-class training and internship, you will be offered a full-time job with PLATO Testing.
What you'll do
- Attend and participate in class daily
- Be respectful to yourself, others, and all equipment
- Be prepared for class each day
- Adhere to deadlines and maintain satisfactory evaluations
- Maintain physical distancing and all other Covid-19 health and safety parameters set out on Day 1 of course instruction.
What you'll need
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis heritage/descent is required
- A High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience is required
- You are naturally curious and have a desire to constantly learn & grow
- You have an interest in Information Technology
- Attributes that we are looking for in all candidates
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and critical thinker (can think outside the box in a detailed way)
- A great attitude
- Enrolment is not guaranteed and is subject to formal application and acceptance into the program.
A little bit about us
PLATO Testing was founded in 2015 by Keith McIntosh to create long-term opportunities and continued career growth for Indigenous people in the technology industry.
PLATO is addressing Canada's tech talent shortage by building a network of Indigenous software testers across the country. PLATO has rapidly become Canada's largest Indigenous-led, Indigenous-staffed technology services company, providing competitive testing solutions to clients throughout North America.
As part of the training, students undertake a three-month work placement with our valued clients. Following successful completion of the program, testers are offered permanent employment with PLATO.