Privately owned and operated, The Shaw Group Limited is one of Eastern Canada's leading real estate developers, community developers, and natural resource manufacturers. With its 158-year history in Atlantic Canada, excellent reputation, solid balance sheet, vast land holdings, and a focus on products for the construction industry, the Company is well positioned for continued growth.
We are currently looking for a Forklift / Yard Person in our Lantz, NS operation. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the successful candidate will be accountable, reliable and safety conscious.
As an integral part of the production team at Shaw Precast Solutions, the Forklift / Yard Person will be a leader who has the capability to ensure our team manufactures products to our highest standards.
The successful candidate may be responsible to:
- Operate forklift to move finished product and forms from production area to take-out yard and storage areas as needed.
- Operate other equipment (e.g., Loader, Mi-Jack, etc.) where required and as directed by your supervisor.
- Determine and attach proper lifting attachments / tools appropriate for materials being transported and perform ongoing machine adjustments and minor maintenance as necessary.
- Loading and unloading products and/or raw materials on trailers.
- Rigging and load securing.
- Assist dry cast plant production stripping crew in daily pipe production, stripping and takeout.
- Set up and take down of pipe cages.
- Remove pallets and headers from completed products.
- Daily yard and plant clean up.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Be safety conscious and actively promote a safe work environment.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Holds an overhead travelling crane license or willing to obtain.
- Holds a valid forklift license/ticket or willing to obtain.
- Knowledge of forklift equipment, attachments, and proper tools to be used for each form.
- Be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision.
- Have a clean attendance and disciplinary records.
- Must be able to lift up to or greater than 50 lbs, as required.
Why work for The Shaw Group?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies and Shaw PreCast Solutions please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.