Halifax Convention Centre Food & Beverage Receiver
At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of Food and Beverage Receiver.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Receiving Clerk will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of receiving and inventory control, including accounting for all product received and ensuring products match invoices. The Receiving Clerk will work closely with the Account payable department to ensure documentation is remitted on timely basis and the Dock manager to ensure that all areas are kept clean, and deliveries are coordinated with other departments. This position is responsible for organization and cleanliness of food and beverage storage areas.
The Receiving Clerk will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including food and beverage suppliers, to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal customers and external vendors/suppliers, including participation in service excellence programs to promote continuous improvement.
- Receive all food & beverage products from vendors, including inspecting products for quality and counting/measuring items.
- Ensure that physical order is identical with invoice, purchase order, manifest or other documentation.
- Arrange products received, stored, or warehoused to be distributed to internal departments.
- Pack and unpack items from pallets, cases, shrink-wrap, or other containers.
- Transport items from receiving dock to proper storage areas.
- Efficiently store or warehouse items including tracking inventory and preparing for inventory counts.
- Where applicable, obtain signature of person receiving goods on packing slip.
- Submit packing slip for processing
- Maintain pre-determined inventory levels
- Obtain and record quotes for items not currently on preferred pricing.
- Assist Chef in gathering preferred pricing quotes.
Documentation and Approval:
- Accountable for all documentation related to receiving, and for preparing/gathering/remitting all paperwork required by finance to process for payment.
- Record and report incorrect, damaged, or spoiled products to the Executive Sous Chef or Culinary department heads
- Process claims with vendors including quantity and quality issues
- Report any pricing issues to the Executive Sous Chef or Culinary department heads
- Match PO, invoice, and packing slip and obtain appropriate approval for invoice, and forward to Finance for payment.
- Work with Finance to research discrepancies between invoice and received products, including tracking, and investigating outstanding credits.
- Investigate all missing paperwork and ensure all remitted to Finance on a timely basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory system
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as required.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, and debris.
- Meet department uniform, appearance, and grooming requirements. This includes purchasing and wearing approved slip resistant safety shoes when performing all job duties.
- Perform any reasonable task requested by your supervisor or management.
Education & Experience
- One (1) year previous experience in a similar role, relating to receiving and/or inventory activities, ideally from a Food & Beverage environment.
- Completion of High School (or equivalent).
- Completed training/education from an administration or hospitality program is preferred.
- Has Food Safety Handling Level 1 training
- Must have computer skills including Excel & Word and be proficient at data entry
Job Specific/Technical Knowledge
- Class 5 driver's license preferred
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday 6am - 2pm, some overtime will be required during peak season.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, dedicated, professional attitude, strong attention to detail.
- Teamwork and customer service skills to provide outstanding service to internal customers and external vendors/suppliers.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong time management and organizational skills, specific to preparing goods for inventory count.
- Must be able to push/pull a heavy cart of up to 200 lbs. and physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current employees represented by UNIFOR 4005. External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified bargaining unit candidates.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are recieved until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply please send your resume to [email protected] with "Food and Beverage Receiver" as the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.