This position reports to the Group Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting, and is responsible for assisting with all regulatory and statistical returns, conducting capital and scenario modelling and other financial reporting for the Butterfield Group.
What you'll do
• Preparing monthly and quarterly capital and liquidity regulatory returns in accordance with Basel III reporting requirements.
• Preparing the regulatory information to support Pillar 2 & 3 reporting.
• Preparing quarterly and annual statistical returns.
• Performing quality assurance analysis on data received from other jurisdictions and departments to ensure accuracy, completeness and validity of the financial information.
• Assisting with forecasting the capital and liquidity impact of proposed transactions, new products or changes in regulation.
• Maintaining, documenting and enhancing existing procedures, systems and controls.
• Assisting with board level presentations, ad hoc queries and analysis.
• Continuously reviewing reporting process' and contents to optimize and enhance.
• Performing other finance related accountabilities as assigned.
What you'll need
• A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or equivalent) with five years' progressive post qualification experience in the financial services environment in a financial/regulatory reporting role.
• Keen interest in financial institution regulation and interpretation.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively prepare and present complex data within a demanding environment and strict deadlines.
• Proven ability to use accounting software, data query tools and financial modelling applications (experience with SAP would an asset).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications particularly Excel and Power Point.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.