The Finance Department is looking for a Financial Information Analyst to join their team. The Financial Information Analyst is responsible for coordinating the collection of the Company's financial information (from the Finance team and the various business lines) in order to prepare accounting entries, reconcile general ledger accounts to auxiliary systems and perform various analytical tasks. This work and these steps are essential to validate the accuracy of the data and also to ensure the completeness of the data that are the basis of the quarterly and annual financial reports that must comply with accounting standards.
The employee supports, researches and produces various information requested by the team and executive managers.
What you'll do
- Assist in the production of the Company's financial statements
- Responsible for the preparation of accounting entries, analyses, research and comparisons with the previous year to ensure the accuracy and validity of the results, while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Assists in the production of quarterly reports to Management and the Board of Directors related to the financial statements.
- Coordinates, assists and supports account reconcilers from all areas of the company to resolve reconciliation issues, make the necessary accounting entries to correct discrepancies and ensure data integrity and process efficiency
- Provides support to the Finance team for various requests, research and work as needed.
- Participates in the preparation and analysis of year-end files for the annual audit of the Assumption Group financial statements. This also includes certain validations and analyses required by the internal or external auditors.
What you'll need
- Bachelor in accounting
- Interest or in the process of obtaining the CPA designation (considered an asset)
- Experience working in a similar role (considered an asset)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize data to validate and identify potential errors
- Ability to develop knowledge of insurance company accounting in order to analyze corporate financial statements
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent autonomy and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of the General Ledger (GL) chart of accounts
- Strong knowledge of Excel software to understand and update financial information calculation and analysis files
- Knowledge of General Ledger systems (Epicor, Power BI)
- Communication skills and the ability to make requests in person and in writing to other employees and members of management
If this challenge matches your career aspirations and you want to play a key role in the exciting development of our company, please apply before May 28, 2023.
A little bit about us
At Assumption Life, we value the development of our employees in diversified and inclusive work teams that foster creative thinking and innovation.
Assumption Life is deeply committed to its community's development
Founded in 1903 in Massachusetts, Assumption Life is the result of a group of people who want to take their destiny into their own hands. Their goal was simple: to ensure the prosperity of Acadian families in New England. Since its inception, Assumption Life has continued to making difference beyond the borders of l'Acadie for all families across Canada. Our Company, which began as a great idea 116 years ago, is now one of the largest mutual life insurance and financial services companies in Canada. Today, this culture of generosity and commitment is demonstrated by our employees. Whether it is helping out at special events, raising funds for charities or, helping people in need, Assumption Life employees are very committed to their community and are always ready to help.
An employer of choice
We ensure competitive salaries, as well as performance-based bonuses, generous benefits and flexibility in our policies and practices to respond to the needs of our employees.
Assumption Life is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We extend employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, gender identity or gender expression, status of a pardoned person, social condition or political activity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for an interview, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
• The chance to be part of a dynamic and performing team that adheres to the following ethical values: leadership, collaboration, trust and commitment.
• Training and development opportunities.
• A comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.
• A dynamic location in downtown Moncton.
• One paid day of volunteer work.
• A gymnasium located in the building.