Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous-owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater Seafoods' Finance department requires a Financial Analyst, Corporate Reporting role based at their Bedford, Nova Scotia Corporate Office. The position is a permanent full-time position and reports to the Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting.
Purpose of Position:
This position plays an active role in the accurate, relevant, timely and efficient preparation of financial reporting. The Financial Analyst, Corporate Reporting is a key member of the Corporate Reporting team.
- This position reports to the Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting
- Active role in the production of accurate, relevant, and timely consolidated monthly financial statements
- Support in preparation of key performance metrics, quarterly disclosures, and ad hoc management reporting
- Support the production of statutory financial reporting including consolidated financial statements for the Clearwater group of companies
- Assist with external audit requirements
- Participate in short and long-term strategic planning initiatives as requested
- Assist in maintaining internal controls over financial reporting for the Corporate Reporting group
- Constantly seek to improve the efficiency in internal and group reporting
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics):
- Dedicated, hardworking and detail-oriented
- Ability to understand financial concepts
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Fosters innovation and continuous improvement ideas
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum of one to two years progressive experience
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in accounting or finance
- Strong technical ability including experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- SAP user knowledge is an asset
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbally and written
- Interest in pursuing a CPA designation
- Location - Bedford, Nova Scotia with hybrid remote work schedule
- Environment - Office and Remote
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.