Reporting to the Asset Management Controller, this position is responsible for assisting in the financial and management reporting for Asset Management in Bermuda, as well as assisting with producing budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis.
The Finance team plays an important role in supporting Butterfield's businesses by providing high-quality planning, reporting, regulatory and accounting services. It's a fast-paced environment with a global remit. Working with colleagues across the Bank, the Finance team provides senior management with the expertise required to measure the Bank's performance and shape Butterfield's future plans.
What you'll do
• Assisting in the accounting and preparation of monthly internal financial statements for Asset Management.
• Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and Bermuda Monetary Authority regulatory reporting for Asset Management.
• Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and on-going financial forecasts for Asset Management.
• Preparing financial analysis of budget versus actual results and research to explain variances for Asset Management.
• Reconciling and monitoring accounts receivable, accounts payable and intercompany accounts.
• Preparing billing and handling the collection of professional fees.
• Managing invoice processing and analyse expenses.
• Assisting with production of external audit packages and financial statements.
• Preparing ad hoc reports and analysis as required
What you'll need
• Accounting designation (e.g. CA, CPA, CMA) or enrolled in final program year with one to two years' relevant work experience.
• Very strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and database applications.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
• Strong attention to detail, high ethical standards, and the ability to build trusting relationships.
• Efficient time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines, which includes working outside of normal hours, on weekends and statutory holidays.
• Knowledge of mainframe accounting packages (SAP preferred).
• Knowledge of Asset Management and the products and services offered by the business units preferred.
• Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Must be a self-starter, results oriented and customer service focused.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.