Closing Date: March 4, 2024 at 4:00 PM
COLLEGE OF EXTENDED LEARNING
The College of Extended Learning (CEL) is the primary lifelong learning outreach vehicle for the University and carries critical community-building and revenue-generation functions. CEL is an educational entrepreneurial unit of UNB that contributes to the economic, social, and cultural life of the province by providing educational programs and services to a wide spectrum of learners within New Brunswick and beyond its borders. Four programming units and three core services units comprise CEL.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we are proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $48,160 - $60,208 per annum
Reporting to the Director, Financial Operations, the Finance & Operations Coordinator is the liaison with People and Culture for all recruitment and retention of current employees. This position works closely with the Director of Financial Operations at Learning Futures.
- Collaborate with different areas of Financial Services including accounts receivable/payable, student accounts, and financial accounting.
- Sign and submit instructor contracts for payment through payroll and accounts payable.
- Create & request invoices from instructors and process invoices.
- Collaborate with departments on all government-sponsored programs.
- Create, setup courses, and register students for courses.
- Request external invoices, process invoices for payment and create Purchase orders.
- Assist the Director of Financial Operations with year end process.
- Create budgets for contract training and monitor expenses as directed.
- Compile data to report financial outcomes to assist the Executive Director in decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations (CRA and UNB).
- Act as backup for the Director of Financial Operations.
- Track contract status for all CEL staff.
- Assist with writing job reclassifications/new positions.
- Assist with hiring and onboarding of all new employees.
- Collaborate with People & Culture.
- Assist with special projections as needed; including working on implementation projects of new software in relation to finance.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A University Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in a financial environment.
- Previous experience in a university setting is considered a strong asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Colleague or other ERP software experience is considered an asset.
- Strong Communication Skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional time management skills.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL STAFF UNION (PTSU)
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.