The School of Occupational Health and Safety at the University of Fredericton is seeking adjunct faculty members in the field of Disability Management. Successful candidates will be considered to instruct in our undergraduate certificate and associate degree programs.
The University of Fredericton (UFred) is a fully-online, degree-granting institution offering certificate, diploma and degree programs. Founded and based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, UFred takes exceptional pride in its offering of innovative, relevant online education that emphasizes leadership development and lifelong learning.
UFred offers a unique, completely online learning experience that supports the academic and professional goals of its constituents. Through approachable, friendly support and service, we are devoted to creating student success.
The School of Occupational Health and Safety delivers online and blended delivery courses to students in Certificate, Diploma, and Degree programs in Occupational Health and Safety, Disability Management, and Ergonomics. UFred has long prided itself on being a leading educator of OHS professionals in Canada and abroad through our fully-online curriculum. With an emphasis on process-based learning and skills, our programs have been specifically designed to help enhance our students' ability to apply OHS knowledge to any workplace while simultaneously building broader leadership skills.
What you'll do
UFred follows a centralized curriculum development process in which all offerings of a course follow pre-developed structure. The role of Adjunct Faculty is as follows:
- Manage all aspects of online course(s).
- Augment online content with personal experience and knowledge.
- Actively engage, on a daily basis, in the online learning activities with students.
- Submit timely, detailed and high-quality feedback to students throughout the course. All grading must be done through the online gradebook tool.
- Meet with students as needed to ensure progression through the course content and activities.
- Uphold all UFred policies and procedures, including but not limited to, submission deadlines and academic integrity.
What you'll need
A minimum of a master's level degree in a relevant field. PhD is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience at a university or college, preferably in Canada, and preferably with adult learners. Online teaching experience is considered an asset.
- Exceptional working knowledge of the field of Disability Management in Canada
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Availability to teach during spring and summer 2022.
Interested candidates should submit the following no later than April 8, 2022.
1. Cover Letter outlining relevant experience and areas of specialization, as well as a description of prior work with adult learners.
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae
3. Names and contact information of three professional references
4. Samples of prior teaching evaluations
5. Recent writing sample
The University of Fredericton is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
A little bit about us
University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is fully recognized as a degree-granting institution by the Province of New Brunswick. Our mission is to provide our students with an exciting, rewarding and affordable lifelong learning path of professional education, with programs scheduled to accommodate both professional and personal lives.