Parkland is an independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. We're helping communities stay on the move and our team members serve retail, commercial, and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region and the Americas. Our purpose as Parklanders is to energize people and businesses to get them where they want to go. We're a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster.
Position Title : Coordinator in building maintenance and petroleum installation
Team & Location: Retail - Dartmouth or Remote
Within the assigned group of sites, this position is responsible for facilitating the daily ongoing maintenance and repairs of the petroleum and car wash equipment, buildings, land improvements and the associated equipment owned and operated by Parkland.
- Coordinate and work cross-functionally with other areas to ensure project success.
- Conform to Corporate Safety and Environmental Policies, and applicable Government Legislation.
- Work closely with employees, contractors, vendors and other persons in the field to ensure that the HS & E mandate and vision are adhered to always.
- Create/maintain managerial accounting reports.
- Liaise and communicate with various sites and suppliers.
- Organize and ensure SLA's are meet in accordance to standards.
- Monitor & maintain maintenance costs of company owned facilities and ensure responses are on time and on budget.
- Support and/or lead where required contracts for vendors providing service to Parkland
- Co-ordinate the scheduling of required maintenance and dispatch service contractors
- Review, follow-up and or approve all invoicing submitted for requested tickets.
- Organize training courses for site operators, contractors, Territory Managers and associates in knowledge of site equipment and the maintenance processes.
- Data mine maintenance historical records to set programs for best practices and forecast potential cost savings on programs.
- Ability to identify, report and implement preventative measures to achieve maintenance goals.
- Attend training seminars and courses as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 years' experience in Facility Maintenance in a multi-site retail environment.
- Post-Secondary Education related to Facility Infrastructure or Maintenance and or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for maintenance of buildings, heating/cooling equipment, petroleum and propane equipment, car wash systems, lighting & signage and site upkeep.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulation related to facility management.
- Knowledge of Petroleum Fueling systems are an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to trouble shoot and gather details over the phone.
- Ability to create and generate various types of reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- A motivated self-starter with ability to take initiative and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program - earn up to $2000 for your referral.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.