New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Facilities Manager. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a Regular employment opportunity, located at NBCC's Woodstock campus.
What you'll do
As part of the Finance and Administration department and reporting to the Director, Facilities and Ancillary Services, the Facilities Manager is responsible to organize, administer, and lead the implementation of facilities maintenance and custodial services in an efficient and economical manner. This position is responsible to ensure that all students, staff, and visitors are provided clean, safe, attractive, and healthy places in which to learn and work.
The Facilities Manager coordinates and prioritizes work projects; assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned operations personnel involved in NBCC custodial and maintenance work assignments. This position is expected to execute plans for maintaining and managing the Campus facilities. This includes the execution of preventative and corrective maintenance programs, managing training, achieving and/or improving on industry standards in facility quality, service levels, campus sustainability and customer satisfaction. The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing and reviewing annual operating and local discretionary capital budgets for their campus. The Facilities Manager is an integral member of the College Management Team at NBCC. With one Facilities Manager providing a consistent and reliable presence at each campus, this is a "Go to" manager for:
- Emergency/Incident Response
- Issues and Complaints
- Local Event Support
What you'll need
- Diploma or degree in a related field with a P. Tech, CET, or CEFP designation with related years of work experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience with a minimum of three (3) years being supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience with commercial building systems, codes, and standards.
- Experience in preventative maintenance and Facilities/Management.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in operational and resource management, budget planning and project management.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License as travel will be required.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $61,828.00 to $86,372.00 annually.
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Volunteer leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children).
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by October 3, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.