Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken Robotics is currently recruiting for a Expeditor to join our team in Mount Pearl, Canada.
What you'll do
As an integral member of the supply chain team the Expeditor will facilitate the flow of orders and materials between supplier, warehouse, and customers to support project and production related objectives. This role will be responsible for following up on ETA for incoming and outgoing orders, following up on RMA/equipment repairs, providing updates to interested parties related to product delivery, identifying risks to scheduling related to delayed deliveries and working with suppliers to expedite deliveries where required. They will work with the shipping department and transport companies to provide information and/or documentation to ensure items in transit make it to destination in a timely manner.
The Expeditor will be required to attend update meetings and use a variety of methods to communicate updates and maintain related records to ensure the latest information is available to Management and Production. They will assist the Project Management team by providing administrative support in ASANA to maintain progress records on project related purchasing and delivery activities.
Purchasing Department support
- Responsible for communicating with vendors and shipping companies worldwide to ensure all critical deliveries are met, arriving at their destinations on time
- Diligently track orders and provide update to appropriate parties
- Meet with Project managers and Department Leads to provide tracing reports and identify any delivery delays
- Work with vendors to solve any invoicing issues that could delay critical shipments
- Collaborate with other Kraken offices in tracking interoffice material movements
- Process claims for damaged or missing shipments or goods
- Special Projects as required
- Administrative tasks in Asana to support Project Managers
- Update relevant purchasing and expediting information within the PM system, Asana
- Track outbound shipments related to RMAs and NCRs to ensure delivery, work completion, and return to source if required
- Tracking shipment of Sales Order to end user and working with shipping companies to resolve any issues that arise during shipment
What you'll need
- Certificate or diploma in office administration, business, logistics or supply chain management
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an administration, purchasing or supply chain role
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite of products
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work effectively as a member of an international team.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active approach and committed to continual improvement.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Previous experience with Project Management platforms would be an asset
- Previous experience with Business Management software would be an asset.
Additional Note: Must be able to obtain NATO Security clearance.
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com