GRANT- PAID JOB OPPORTUNITY
POSTING NUMBER: GPD-18033
POSTING DATE: June 7, 2018
CLOSING DATE: June 25, 2018
Executive Services Administrator
Ocean Tracking Network
The primary purpose of this position is to provide executive support to the Executive Director, Scientific Director, and the Senior Program Manager of the Ocean Tracking Network (http://oceantrackingnetwork.org). This position is also responsible for providing administrative and financial support to OTN Senior Management, OTN Field Department, and the OTN data group, in addition to assisting with requests from individuals relating to OTN, within other university departments and external researchers collaborating with OTN.
- Provide full administrative support to OTN Senior Management, including coordination and tracking of OTN governance meetings;
- Collaborate with other administrative staff, financial departments' and other associates to create and follow relevant policies;
- Provide administrative and financial support to OTN Headquarters including; invoice, budget and expenses management; travel and accommodation arrangements; scheduling and organizing internal/external meetings and events; and setting up conference calling facilities;
- Maintain daily electronic finance journal, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders as needed, including developing and carrying out an efficient documentation and filing system for both paper and electronic records;
- Support OTN's Procurement, Field, Data, Communications and HR administration and recruitment process, as determined by Senior Management;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications: Minimum 2 years' experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, Senior Executive Assistant, Office Manager or in other Administrative position. Full knowledge of office management and financial systems and procedures. Proficiency in English; second language in French a plus. Exemplary planning, time, and stress management skills. Current in today's office technology, and computer software including MS Office. Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload. Discretion with personal and confidential information.
Pay Scale: $45,000 -$50,000 (plus entitled benefits)
Duration: One-year full-time contract with strong possibility for renewal
Deadline for application: June 25th, 2018
Interested parties should forward a cover letter and current CV to:
Senior Program Manager
Only applications submitted directly to the e-mail address above will be considered. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity
A little bit about us
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada's leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region's intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 19,000 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that celebrated 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.