Are you an enthusiastic self-starter and animal lover? Are you looking for a work environment that is fun, team centered and fast paced?
As the Executive Personal Assistant, you will assist the CEO of Virtual Veterinary Services (VVS) and multiple veterinary practices- providing administrative and personal support to ensure efficient operations within the overall organization. This role supports the CEO through a variety of tasks that are critical to the organizational success of the CEO and her companies.
Responsibilities may include note taking with the collection of action items; managing emails, phone calls, calendars; making travel arrangements, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports, completing research, collecting data, organizing personal and business office space; potential travel; personal assistance and other duties as requested. All duties are expected to be completed accurately, delivered with high quality, and in a timely manner.
What you'll do
Key areas of focus include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Email, calendar and document management, phone calls, schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and booking flights, accommodations, rental cars, dinner reservations and travel arrangements for the CEO of VVS
- Online ordering and running errands (may not be local)
- Keeping insurance, registration and licenses on vehicles, properties, professional, etc. up to date
- Management, collection, reconciliation and reporting of expenses to the bookkeeper
- Support and perform daily operations including data analysis, targets & measurements, promotions and communications- research and present findings in a concise way
- Answer phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members for the CEO of VVS
- Manage, respond or forward incoming e-mails to the appropriate people
- Develop, prepare and modify documents including presentations, correspondence, reports, presentations, drafts, memos and emails
- Anticipate and coordinate what needs to happen to move projects along
- Prepare agendas, minutes and other documents for meetings
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings as required
- Coordinate the ordering, receiving, storing and maintaining office supplies
- Reviewing social media and Facebook messages - determine who should respond and how
- Value, champion and provide support to the CEO of VVS to ensure her energy can be spent networking, finding opportunities and growing the company
- Assist the CEO and Manager of VVS in coordinating recruitment and human resource activities
- Preparation of regular reports- budgets, progress reports on targets, progress reports, etc.
- Assist in funding requests and grant writing, as required
- Assist with personal needs like meal planning, vehicle maintenance appointments etc.
- Occasional travel with the CEO may be requested- must be able to travel in the USA and have appropriate documents
- Encompass the vision, mission, and values in all communications and operations
- Assist with internal and external communications, as required
- Become the main conduit of communications between stakeholders and the CEO of VVS
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must be willing to work flexible and extended hours as required - possible phone calls in the evening or on weekends, availability for occasional events
- Will work mostly within the Fredericton area, however, must be willing to travel, if required
- Other duties as required
What you'll need
- Sense of humour
- Postsecondary Education or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills and basic accounting experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to step in and support the team as required
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Excellent organizational abilities with a proactive approach
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Knowledge or experience in the veterinary medicine industry would be an asset
- Familiarity with MS Office, Zoom and a variety business software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a direct communicator who thinks out loud
- Ability to work from home, office or home office of CEO
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Working hand in hand with the CEO, it will be important of this person to understand the strengths of the CEO are strategic, relational, and big picture thinking. She operates at her best when not getting pulled into the details of the day to day operations. She prefers to work closely with someone who can manage and execute a wide range of actions items across several projects and act as the first point of contact for many business/life management tasks.