We are pleased to support our client, Cities of New Brunswick Association with the recruitment of their next Executive Director.
Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Cities on New Brunswick Association, the Executive Director recommends strategies, plans and policies and ensures the implementation of the action plans of the Association in accordance with its Constitution and By-laws.
The Executive Director represents the Association, fosters relationships with key officials and addresses issues and opportunities with various levels of government. The Executive Director also ensures the efficient management of the Association's resources and operations.
The successful candidate must reside within the province of New Brunswick and will be working remotely (work from home).
What you'll do
· Organizes and attends the Association's monthly Executive Committee meetings. This includes the development of meeting agendas; compiling pertinent background materials for attendees; preparing summaries of discussion; coordinating logistical arrangements; and ensuring appropriate and effective communications with participants as needed.
· Supports the Association's goals by fostering strong relationships with appropriate municipal, provincial and federal government representatives, organizations such as the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), and others involved in advancing the Association's interests.
· Collaborates with the other municipal associations on advocacy efforts and issues of municipal interest and participates in regular meetings. This includes the Union of Municipalities of New Brunswick (UMNB), Association francophone des municipalités du Nouveau-Brunswick (AFMNB), Association of Municipal Administrators of New Brunswick (AMANB), etc.
· Assists with the development of the Association's annual action plan in accordance with the strategic goals of the Association.
· Develops proactive and innovative strategies, processes and negotiation to support the advancement of the Association's strategic priorities and provides briefings as required.
· Supports any Ad-hoc Committees of the Association.
· Coordinates the Association's Annual General Meeting.
· Prepares and presents an annual budget for the Association.
· Monitors and reports on the financial position of the Association.
· Responsible for the various administrative duties of the Association's office including but not limited to; communications (website, social media, media inquiries), and general office administration.
· Keeps abreast of emerging trends and issues that impact on local government.
What you'll need
· Post-Secondary Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in a government services organization where leadership qualities and skills have been demonstrated.
· Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to build strong working relationships.
· Ability to effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner with elected officials, senior managers, and other representatives.
· Ability to independently prioritize and manage several competing, complex, and evolving projects.
· Knowledge of the legislative process.
· Extensive knowledge of the issues affecting municipalities in New Brunswick.
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identify issues and problems.
· Able to maintain confidentiality and deal tactfully in an open and political environment.
· Possession of a valid New Brunswick driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both languages (oral and written English and French) is required. Must meet ADVANCED (3+) Level as per the Province of New Brunswick Linguistic Standards in both languages as a minimum requirement.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The salary range for this role is between $55,000-$70,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Web Developer (eCommerce)
Fredericton, NB, CA
Investment Analyst Intern-New Brunswick Innovation Foundation
Fredericton, NB, CA
Investment Analyst-New Brunwsick Innovation Foundation
Fredericton, NB, CA
Quality Assurance Senior Manager
Moncton, NB, CA
Mawiw Fisheries Manager
Miramichi, NB, CA