We are pleased to support our client AMANB with the recruitment of their next Executive Director.
AMANB (The Association of Municipal Administrators of New Brunswick) is a professional association devoted to the education and development of municipal administrators to ensure excellence in municipal service delivery and administration.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for the organization of all activities in line with the AMANB Constitution which includes all policies, procedures, and overall office management. The Executive Director will support board members by providing all information necessary for decision-making including orientations on new programs or initiatives.
Essential to this role will be a genuine dedication to the vision of AMANB. The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail and be an action-oriented performer. The ED must be an engaging communicator as they represent the Association to all levels of government and partners. They will have a natural ability to form partnerships, network and excel at building rapport and relationships.
This role has the option to work from home (WFH) or in an office location.
The salary range for this role is between $50,000-$70,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be bilingual (French and English). Excellent verbal and written skills in both official languages. Please state your language capability in your application.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to travel within the province and outside New Brunswick as required.
- Be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends when required.
What you'll do
- Advise the Board of Directors and Committees on progress of the AMANB goals, policies, programs and projects;
- Undertake such inquiries that would enable the Executive Director to provide informed advice to the Board of Directors and Committees;
- Coordinate meetings including the annual conference and annual general meeting;
- Use a proactive approach when problem solving potential issues that AMANB should address and recommend courses of action;
- Conduct research necessary to fulfil requirements for AMANB projects and activities;
- Promote the AMANB through ongoing liaisons with members, government officials, educational and training institutions, as well as other associations as directed by the Board of Directors;
- Maintain AMANB records including the Constitution, membership directory and databases, etc.;
- Undertake general office duties and functions;
- Prepare, in consultation with the AMANB Treasurer, all financial statements/reports and annual budget;
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
What you'll need
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration or social sciences. Equivalent education and/or work experience may be considered.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization comprised of a volunteer-based Board of Directors and committee members.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, virtual meeting platforms and survey software.
- Experience implementing and updating databases.
- Experience working with local government in New Brunswick.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.