The Foundation is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Executive Director. The Foundation is an independent, private corporation, managed by a Board of Trustees consisting of individuals with an interest in supporting public College students in New Brunswick.
(This is a part-time position - 18 hours per week)
What you'll do
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director oversees the operations of the Foundation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support of Board governance, including managing the Foundation in a way that guides the Foundation's vision as defined by the Board of Trustees; organizing Board meeting schedules and agendas; and communicating effectively with the Board with timely, accurate information;
- Financial performance and viability, including accountability for the fiscal integrity of the Foundation through the submission of the annual budget and financial statements; maintenance of the organization's positive financial position; and through compliance with all regulatory reporting to external agencies;
- Organizational operations, including management of human resources; compliance with applicable by-laws; continued development and implementation of technology related to the operation of the Foundation, including the maintenance of the Foundation's website; and attendance at events on behalf of the Foundation.
What you'll need
Required qualifications for this opportunity include a university Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience; or a two-year Diploma with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience. Relevant experience may include professional work in charitable fund and non-profit management; in supporting Board governance; and in philanthropic oversight. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of investment management; familiarity with the organizations supported by the Foundation (NBCC, CCNB and NBCCD); and knowledge of the socio-political landscape in New Brunswick. Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications in their applications.
Written and spoken competence in both official languages is required.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Salary is negotiable subject to the resources of the Foundation.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For three years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
All interested candidates must submit a detailed application and resume online, by October 15, 2018. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Casual Life Drawing Model - Call for Interest
Miramichi, NB, CA
Student Life Officer (Casual) Competition #19-6860-SLO
Miramichi, NB, CA
Community College Instructor Practical Nurse Program, Casual (Competition # 19-6830-009)
Moncton, NB, CA
Community College Instructor, Industrial Mechanic Competition: 19-6840-008
Saint John, NB, CA
Community College Instructor, Engineering Technology, Structural (TERM) (Competition # 19-6830-008)
Moncton, NB, CA