Job location can be flexible, but ideally located in Saint John, Moncton or Fredericton.
NBASSE is seeking to hire its first Executive Director who will be responsible for leading and managing the Association and member agencies through this upcoming period of change. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to build and position NBASSE as it navigates the employment first model. As the Executive Director, you will work collaboratively with the Board to develop NBASSE's strategic plan, as well as develop and implement an operational plan and budget that aligns with strategic priorities. Similarly, you will work closely with our agencies, staff, government and other stakeholders to guide work that supports the development and delivery of effective programs and services.
(The Chapman Group is supporting the recruitment process for this position)
What you'll do
Leadership and Management
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to execute operational and strategic plans for the Association
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation; providing leadership, oversight and strategic direction for operations and programs of the Association
- Provide Association support through change management process and implementation of the new employment first model within the agencies
- Oversee the financial affairs of the Association, including overall budget management in accordance with the Board of Directors
- Supervise and collaborate with Association staff
- Proactively address challenges with staff and other agencies
Development and Planning
- Develop and maintain communication between agencies to share strategies and procedures
- Assist agencies with policies and procedures under the new employment first model and updated provincial standards
- Maintain and update NBASSE website and social media channels
- Meet regularly with agency management and establish resource meetings
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with ADAPT agencies, businesses, government and community partners
- Act as a key resource to member agencies and assist in leading and managing the transition of agencies as they shift their practices to a new employment first philosophy
- Work closely with member Agencies by providing board governance, training opportunities and education for agencies
- Ensure compliance with new program standards
- Create and maintain an employment first culture
- Be the face of NBASSE ensuring messaging is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the agencies
- Promote and increase the awareness of NBASSE across New Brunswick
What you'll need
- A passion for addressing the needs of our clients and obtaining successful outcomes
- Work effectively with diverse groups, including the membership, staff, board, persons with a disability, as well as external stakeholders and organizations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent Diploma in either Business Administration, Human Resources, Project Management, or a related field
- Minimum two years' experience in an employment related field
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout New Brunswick
- Nonprofit management experience including budgeting, program development, proposal writing, fundraising and supporting a Board of Directors
- Superior communication (written and verbal), leadership, teamwork and management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to communicate in both official languages is a requirement (English and French)
- Valid Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check required
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The New Brunswick Association for Supported Services and Employment (NBASSE) is a volunteer association that advocates for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities. We provide a collective voice for our 38 province-wide member agencies to strategize, develop and implement the highest standards of service for people we support.
Our member agencies are part of the Employment and Support Program (ESSP). New Brunswick is updating its program and adopting an "employment first" philosophy. The modernized program builds on collaborative, person-centred and employment first approaches that will support working age people with a disability to work to their fullest potential and be involved in their communities in meaningful ways.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume by July 5, 2019.