We are seeking an Executive Director to join our team!
S.H.A.R.E. Activity Centre is a non-clinical activity based program that provides social activities for members over the age of 19, who have accessed services from addictions and mental health. Our mission is to facilitate self-reliance of those with a mental illness through fellowship, mutual support, social activities, and education. S.H.A.R.E. stands for "Self Help A Rewarding Experience" and we strive to ensure all of our members are able to participate and gain that reward.
As a small organization our Executive Director is essential to the leadership, operations and sustainability of our organization's mission and day-to day activities. Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director strives to provide the best experience for everyone who attends and works with S.H.A.R.E.
What you'll do
Organization Related Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with outside service agencies, community groups and non-profits
- Working with businesses for center maintenance and management
- Fundraising activities, including: annual memberships collection, center and marketplace sale tables, small fees for outside activities and other miscellaneous activities
- Ongoing partnerships and representation for SHARE in the Saint John community non-profits and member agencies, and out of city agencies
- Organizing and preparing the monthly center activity schedule and sharing of the calendar with community groups, agencies and S.H.A.R.E. members and board
- Timely processing of all activity center related bill payments and completion of all financial requirements including CRA Filing, Funding Requests Processing etc
- Ensuring the S.H.A.R.E. Board is in place and meets all required guidelines and scheduling as per the activity center's by-laws, code of conduct etc.
- Preparing and scheduling all materials for Board Meetings (In partnership with S.H.A.R.E. Board Secretary)
SHARE Member Related Responsibilities:
- Encouraging activity center members on the promotion of positive self life skills development and maintenance such as good hygiene, good manners, respectful behaviors, and accountability for their actions
- Supporting activity members with day to day issues
- Promoting internal and external volunteer efforts in the spirit of giving back to the community
- Maintaining, adapting and adding to activity offerings in accordance with activity member feedback, need and organization mission
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the mental health field
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Practical experience in conflict resolution
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Knowledge of best practices and community resources for mental health
- Excellent time management skills and the ability use good judgement when working independently
- Experience managing volunteers is considered an asset
- Satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check are requirements of employment
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
S.H.A.R.E Activity Centre offers a flexible 32-hour work week at $21/hr with 3 weeks vacation and paid time off between December 24 and January 2.
To APPLY please submit your cover letter and resume on or before August 14, 2020. We look forward to hearing from you!