Are you a passionate, creative, customer-focused culinary professional looking for their next opportunity?
Our client, The Shadow Lawn Inn and The Robertson Restaurant, who have been satisfying the palettes of Rothesay and Saint John locals - and guests alike - for over 30 years is looking for you!
As the Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for the overall back of house and kitchen area operations, along with training and leading the entire kitchen staff to create a premier culinary experience.
In addition, you will ensure that the reputation and quality of the Inn?s food standards are upheld, the food is presented with your artistic touch, is cooked properly, maintaining proper portion control, and served in a timely manner.
What you'll do
- Hiring of all staff
- Purchasing of all food and stock
- Ensuring each member of the kitchen is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques
- Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of and stored properly, while consistently meeting all sanitary and health and safety standards.
- Monitor food costs, waste and employee hours, in order to optimize profit for the Inn while creating the best dining experience possible for their guests.
What you'll need
- 3+ years of supervisory kitchen experience either as a Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Experience in executing banquet, buffet and cocktail party functions for 150+ people.
- Experience in creating seasonal menus with your own touch.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent food costing and organizational skills.
- A Culinary School Diploma or Red Seal Endorsement would be considered an asset but is not required.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Stiles Executive Search
Stiles Executive Search is a boutique Retainer & Contingency Executive Search Firm. We specialize in helping companies find top talent worldwide. Our Senior Level, Technical and Hospitality brand experience allows us to uniquely focus on helping companies attract, develop, and retain best-in-class leaders. Today employers face major shifts that call for intelligent responses from experienced and agile leaders. Finding those people to fill those vital positions means using the appropriate resources. At Stiles Executive Search, we understand the competencies and skill sets required of these leaders and how to find them, attract them and strategically align them with your business. We offer a full service solution designed to address the industry?s talent needs.
We craft, curate and individualize recruitment solutions for all of our clients needs. We offer a variety of recruitment options and pricing solutions. We are at our finest finding strategically, culturally and professionally perfect solutions to a niche markets human and talent resource needs.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a full time position located in Rothesay, New Brunswick.
The Shadow Lawn Inn offers a very attractive salary with an excellent work schedule, vacation and other full benefits. If you are looking for a chance to create the premier eating establishment in the Saint John region, this job is for you.
Please apply directly here or to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration