People Manager: No
Work Location : FACE Office- Montreal. Selected candidate must reside in Montreal.
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides a comprehensive range of administrative and support services for the CEO, proactively tracking files, and is expected to lead when coordinating country-wide visits and Business Development initiatives. Often acting as a representative of the CEO and of the organization, the Executive Assistant portrays a positive and professional image.
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has a solid understanding of the business and the importance of the interconnecting relationships between people, projects and overall operations and liaises with all levels of internal and external business contacts in both official languages.
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), will support the executive office and be responsible for managing the CEO calendar, scheduled speaking engagements, coordinate travel and directly support any logistic or event management functions. You will deliver on FACE Strategic Priorities, Vision and Mission through efficient support to the leadership team.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Developing documents and reports, summarizing information, as required (including reviewing written documents to ensure quality control of format, style, and grammar.
- Managing CEO's expenses and monitoring budget.
- Providing administrative support to governing board (ie. recording minutes, sending calendar invites for board and board committee meetings, etc...).
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile and distribute presentation materials.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, reports and documents.
- Interact with various internal and external contacts, clients and executives.
- Preparing presentation materials using PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs as well as anticipate and develop materials required for internal and external meetings.
- Implementing procedures that allow the CEO to function in an efficient and effective manner.
- Screen and respond to incoming correspondence, inquiries and phone calls with tact and diplomacy
- Adhering to practices that reflect a level of confidence, privacy, discretion; sustaining a high level of professionalism among colleagues and members
- Working closely with the CEO and ensuring the daily schedule is well communicated and assisting others in setting up meetings in the CEO's calendar, coordinating travel and hotel arrangements.
- Being mindful of the Chief Executive Officer's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications
- Managing office operations and administration by providing reception services as required to welcoming guests, incoming and outgoing mail, and courier requirements.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Post-secondary diploma in administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar or equivalent role supporting one or multiple senior executives
- Exposure to administrative support responsibilities in a busy, senior management environment
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive client-services attitude inside and outside the organization
- High competency in MS Office 365, including with SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and direction and to ensure the continued functioning of the office in the absence of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Exceptional prioritizing and organizational skills within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to track, disseminate, and respond to, as appropriate, all incoming and outgoing communications in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information; discretion is essential in this position;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail;
- Due to the nature of the role having interactions with various stakeholders, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position
This position will remain open untill the position is filled. Recruitment is ongoing and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Compensation may be based on skills and or prior experience in a similar capacity.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Federation of African Canadian Economics
FACE is a national and bilingual Black-led non-profit organisation focused on providing resources and information to the Black community across Canada with the aim of accelerating wealth creation for Canadians of African descent.
In partnership with the Federal Government of Canada, FACE created a Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund to help Black business owners with access to capital investments, working capital, or additional business resources for expansion. FACE has several other major partners that help further the mission of providing Black Canadians with the necessary resources, knowledge, and confidence to not only operate successfully as Black entrepreneurs but to thrive as a community across the nation.