At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of Event Services Technician (ET).
The Event Services Technician (ET) is responsible performing assigned tasks related to the overall setup and teardown for the Halifax Convention Centre (HCC), Scotiabank Centre (SBC), and Events East Group events. Reporting to the Event Services Department Supervisor, ET's handle all guest interaction in a friendly and courteous manner with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, striving to consistently exceed our customers' expectations and contribute to a positive, safe, and inclusive team environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform assigned tasks as directed working toward overall execution of events.
- Work with all colleagues in a respectful, professional manner to fully meet event setup and teardown deadlines.
- As directed, perform daily rounds in both facilities for all event and storage rooms to ensure general maintenance and cleaning is done per Events East standards. Report any required repairs to ET Supervisor for follow-up.
- Perform general repair and maintenance of Events East equipment; treat event setup equipment respectfully.
- Be mindful of safety hazards and advise Supervisor if aware of any hazards that may impact one's work or the work of others.
- Follow all departmental standards and guidelines, job procedures, and equipment operation protocols to continuously ensure the safety of oneself, team members, and clients.
- Wear and use appropriate PPE as required; report any issues or violations within the team or onsite to Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role preferred.
- Grade 12 preferred (other education and experience may be considered).
- Basic math skills required; computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Reaching, bending, kneeling and twisting on a regular basis while performing various tasks.
- Stacking and unstacking chairs, tables, staging, and other equipment.
- Pushing and pulling carts with chairs, tables, staging and equipment weighing over 200lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 50lbs.
- Required to work backshift and extended shifts of 10-12 hours.
- Other physical demands as required.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current employees represented by Service Employees International Union (SEIU, Local 2). External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified bargaining unit candidates.
Given the nature of our operating environment, the requirements of our clients, and the importance of public confidence in the safety of the service we provide, it is critical that Events East and its employees take any and all precautions to protect against the spread of COVID-19. Please take note Events East requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in
confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume via Career Beacon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Midnight, Friday, December 18, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.