The Event Coordinator (EC) supports Events East Group by ensuring efficient and effective delivery of contracted meetings and events at both our venues, The Halifax Convention Center and The Scotiabank Centre. The EC is primarily responsible for supporting Event Managers, Associate Event Managers and clients during the pre-planning and on-site event delivery. The EC acts as a secondary point of contact for clients when required, actively supporting the Primary Point of Contact strategy.
While the EC's primary area of focus is on-site support to ensure event delivery excellence, some meeting management may be assigned to this role, based upon scope and complexity.
The Event Coordinator supports operational teams by ensuring the timely, accurate input of detailed event information. The EC also supports Sales and Business Development efforts by building and maintaining strong client relationships and by delivering events of world-class caliber while adhering to the Events East corporate mission, vision, and strategy for service delivery.
- Support Event Managers and Associate Event Managers by:
- Participating in advance event planning, particularly in the national and international markets,
- Processing event changes accurately and in a timely manner,
- Coordinating effective and efficient on-site event delivery,
- Acting as a secondary point of contact for the client throughout the event cycle.
- Manage a percentage of events, as assigned, with focus on:
- Banquet events and meetings, generally (but not exclusively) based in the local/regional market,
- Add-on meetings to booked conferences and conventions,
- Internal meetings and events, including those with external attendees.
Health and Safety:
- Contribute to a safe and respectful workplace by:
- Identifying and mitigating any event-related health and safety concerns, both property-related and food and beverage-related.
- Assessing potential safety hazards following event set up and throughout the onsite event cycle to ensure safe operations for guests and employees.
- Actively participate in emergency preparedness training including information sessions, group activities, and situational simulations.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an event co-ordination or meeting management role or equivalent experience in customer service or hospitality and tourism.
- Recognized industry certification an asset; preference given to CMP and/or CMM designations.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.