At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications to be a part of our Event Set Up Team (Event Technician).
The Event Technician (ET) is responsible performing assigned tasks related to the overall setup and teardown for Events East Group events.
- Have a great attitude and a willingness to work in a fast paced and exciting industry.
- Work with team mates to perform room setups and teardowns.
- Perform general repair and maintenance of Events East equipment.
- Follow departmental standards, job procedures, and equipment operation protocols to ensure the safety of oneself, team members, and clients.
- Wear and use appropriate PPE as required; report any issues or violations.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 preferred (other education and experience will be considered).
- Basic math skills required; computer skills preferred.
- Experience in a similar (laborious) role preferred.
- Reaching, bending, kneeling and twisting on a regular basis while performing various tasks.
- Stacking and unstacking chairs, tables, staging, and other equipment.
- Pushing and pulling carts with chairs, tables, staging and equipment weighing over 200lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 50lbs.
- Required to work backshift and extended shifts of 10-12 hours.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by Service Employees International Union (SEIU, Local 2). All internal candidates have been considered, and we now encourage external applicants to apply.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected
TO APPLY: Online via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.