To aid and support the development of the brand within Ontario, we are actively looking for quality sales persons to represent Grupo Damm in the Ontario. Working closely with the Moosehead Breweries Sales Team, SA Damm Brand Manager and the SA Damm Team in North America, you will act as the “eyes and ears” for Estrella Damm (and brand family), focusing on building the brand with key customers, identifying quality distribution, driving throughputs, and growing visibility.
What you'll do
Key Responsibilities :
- These positions will have a combined focus of on-premise, as well as retail (LCBO, Grocery & TBS) work, as needed
- Building long-term trading relationships with the LCBO stores and on-premise accounts
- Achieve or exceed new distribution and volume targets within allocated resources
- Increase brand exposure through best in class merchandising techniques
- Qualitative selection and development of Estrella Damm draught customers and executing activity to support draught customers as needed
- Champion education to supplier, retailer, and consumer on brands, products, and promotions
- Retail Inventory Management
- Identifying effective and beneficial sponsorship and promotional opportunities
- Feedback of customer opportunities and competitor threats
- Acts responsibly at all times, concerning the consumption of any and all Grupo Damm portfolio of products, and any and all forms of alcoholic beverages
- Plan, set up, and represent the brand at select events; festivals, sponsorships, and experiential activations in Ontario
- Support accounts by delivering POS and merchandise accounts to increase brand awareness
- KPIs to be achieved include: calls made per day, new distribution achieved, meetings with supplier and distributor sales people, promotions executed, staff and consumer samplings.
- Weekly reporting of results, key successes, and competitor activity
- Attendance to a monthly meeting to present to the North American Sales Manager & Toronto Market Manager
- Responsibility for building, development and maintenance of account database, target customers and results.
- Responsibility for providing regular reports/information on the account base as required keeping all relevant contacts informed in line with business needs.
- Act as a source of information to the business on issues and opportunities in the market and the account base
- Regular responding to internal and customer emails daily
- Ensure highest level of customer service aligning with brand expectations
What you'll need
- Post-secondary degree/diploma preferred
- 1-3 years sales experience required
- Previous beverage alcohol (or package goods) sales experience preferred
- Has a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Retains a competitive spirit
- Holds a high conduct of professional maturity
- Previous experience developing new business through cold calling, prospecting or by increasing sales within existing accounts
- Own a reliable vehicle & hold a valid driver’s license (drivers abstract will be required)
- Results orientated
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Customer focused
- Team oriented personality
- Ability to analyze data and plan
- Microsoft Outlook (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent time-management and planning skills, with an ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Sales training techniques, e.g. Steps of the Call, negotiation skills and commercial selling
- Beer industry or education certifications (Prud’homme Beer Certification/Cicerone) considered an asset
- Prepared to travel and work evenings and weekends
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Since the launch of Estrella Damm in Canada in 2007, Barcelona based brewer Grupo Damm has identified Canada as one of the most important growth export markets for the brand. Following the partnership formed with Canada´s oldest independent brewery, Moosehead Breweries, in January 2014, Estrella Damm can now be found in over 100 On-Premise draught accounts in Ontario and in over 250 LCBO stores. Along with the early success of the brand, it will not be long before the style, quality and brewing heritage that is associated with the “Beer of Barcelona” will enable Estrella Damm to compete as one of the most exciting import lagers to hit the Canadian brewing industry.