Position: ERP Systems Support Analyst (9 Month Contract) (NSGEU Local 79)
Department: Information Technology Systems & Support (ITSS)
Annual Salary: $55,000 per annum + 4% in lieu of vacation
Under the direction of the Manager, Application Support, the ERP Systems Support Analyst is a member of the Application Support Team. The Systems Analyst designs, implements and supports software systems for the University (Banner, Degree Works, Starrez, and others), including the support of Internet-based access to these systems. The Analysts act as a team responsible for the design, implementation and support of major University applications in an integrated, sustainable environment. As such, the analysts bear responsibility for key software and system components, including:
- Current administrative systems (Banner, Starrez, Degree Works, etc.)
- Programming tools and environments (Page Builder, SQL, Java, Groovy/Grails, Visual Studio, Tomcat, Cobol, etc.)
- ORACLE: The database engine maintaining student and business records. Other database engines supported include MS SQL Server
- Custom applications
- Web-based applications
- Internet/Intranet applications systems
- User support tools (MS-Access, SQL, etc.)
What you'll do
Duties as the ERP Systems Support Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of ITSS management, developing and recommending plans for the implementation of administrative and academic applications, systems, databases and upgrades. This includes working with internal staff and external departments, agencies or vendors to implement.
- Assisting the Manager, Application Support in developing policy and procedure recommendations for administration of, and access to, applications and University information and databases systems.
- Drafting policy and procedure recommendations to ITSS Management.
- Monitoring performance of software systems and databases; reporting on trends; making recommendations for improvement; identifying long-term applications issues; identifying immediate (non-routine) problems and taking corrective actions.
- Providing, as assigned, advice and guidance regarding applications and systems design and problem resolution.
- Resolving unusual applications issues; troubleshooting recurrent, complex systems problems not handled by standard methods; and recommending changes to systems, processes or procedures to solve difficult problems.
- Keeping abreast of development in the systems and applications area.
- Collaborating with various ITSS teams' on issue resolution, project delivery and systems integration.
- Works with ITSS and functional areas to develop and implement operational and systems changes.
- Developing and recommending plans for University applications and information architecture in collaboration with team members; designing databases; providing for applications integration; and drafting and presenting these plans to ITSS Management.
- Working with functional areas and other ITSS teams to design, develop and implement new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications.
- Performing analysis of current systems and recommending changes to systems and applications resulting from the analysis to ITSS Management.
- As assigned, acting as the project leader for systems and applications projects.
- Developing and recommending project plans including the establishment of objectives, funding, staffing and development, under the supervision of ITSS management.
- Reporting regularly, on assigned projects (oral/written) and communicating anticipated problems in the projects, developing alternatives and recommending solutions.
- Investigating new and emerging applications, programming languages, tools and development environments. Critiquing application plans, designs and proposals including those from external vendors.
What you'll need
To be the successful ERP Systems Support Analyst you will possess an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or related discipline and a minimum of three (3) years of directly related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. In addition to excellent interpersonal and communication skills you have proven knowledge and experience in application development including web based applications; solid knowledge and experience in SQL; and knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Oracle, Java, Eclipse, Groovy/Grails, Page Builder, MS, NET,MVC, Object Oriented programming, JDBC, Git and Restful. Knowledge and experience with supporting, enhancing of Banner, Degree Works and Elevate are definite assets.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: September 10, 2019 Competition Closes: September 20, 2019
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus
Financial Aid & Awards Officer (1 Year Contract)
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month LTA - Int. Development Studies Program
Halifax, NS, CA
Institutional Researcher (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month, Full-Time Sessional Appointment, Assistant Professor - Department of Psychology
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month Limited Term Appointment, Assistant Professor - International Development Studies Program
Halifax, NS, CA