Halifax Water is hiring for the job of Engineering Technologist I or II (Project). This is a regular opportunity in the Engineering and Technology Services Department and has full-time hours.
As a Project Engineering Technologist I or II, you will:
- Be a core member of an Infrastructure Team.
- Perform technical duties relating to the design and construction management of water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure expansion, renewal, rehabilitation and maintenance.
To do this job, you need to have:
- A Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma, or equivalent related engineering and surveying courses.
- Experience in construction inspection and supervision of civil engineering projects.
- Be a registered member or eligible for membership in TechNova as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
- Have a valid Nova Scotia Driver's License.
This job is a unionized job under CUPE Local 1431. You can find the job description and benefits to working at Halifax Water on the Halifax Water website (Work for Halifax Water | Halifax Water).
Halifax Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means:
- Our goal is to be a diverse workplace that represents community we serve, at all job levels. We believe a diverse workforce positively contributes to Halifax Water's success, and the success of our community.
- We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, LGBTQ+ community, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Indigenous persons. We encourage you to self-identify in the cover letter.
Application Deadline is 4:30 pm on September 26, 2023
Thank you for applying for a job with us. We will contact you only if we choose you for an interview.
If we offer you the job:
- You will need to successfully pass a background check.
- You will need to successfully pass other pre-employment testing. This could include a satisfactory drivers abstract and a satisfactory drug and alcohol test.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Halifax Water is Atlantic Canada's largest water utility, providing integrated water, wastewater and stormwater services for more than 106,000 customers on a daily basis. For more than 70 years we have been proud stewards of the water cycle, providing clean water to customers, and safely conveying it back to the source. Through our One Team - One Water approach, our more than 550 dedicated emloyees provide essential water services to an estimated 383,000 people in HALIFAX.
In addition to a collegial work environment that promotes a work-life balance, Halifax Water offers its employees a challenging and rewarding career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and incentive programs. As a member of the team at Halifax Water, you will be contributing to the success of the utility while delivering water, wastewater and stormwater services in an integrated, cost-effective and environmentally sound manner with a commitment to long-term sustainability.
Halifax Water’s goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the community we serve, at all job levels. Halifax Water believes a diverse workforce positively contributes to its success, and the success of our community. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, LGBTQ+ community, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Indigenous persons. Halifax Water encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter.