Port Saint John is part of the critical transportation infrastructure of Canada and a cornerstone of the New Brunswick economy. Port Saint John is Atlantic Canada's largest port by volume and has a diverse cargo base, handling 28 million metric tonnes of cargo annually, including dry and liquid bulks, break bulk, containers, and cruise.
Port Saint John is seeking an energetic, proactive, and self-driven student for our Engagement and Sustainability team from May 6 to August 30. This position will play an integral role in providing support in the areas of marketing, event coordination, community engagement and sustainability.
What you'll do
- Assist with content creation for social media such as graphics and videos
- Support the Decarbonization & Environment Manager with research and special projects.
- Assist with data entry and records management.
- Assist and provide support in the coordination community engagement activities, including Port Days and community summer programming.
- Assist in the development and/or coordination of graphic design, collateral material, and publications, etc.
- Assist with website updates as required.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll need
- Some related experience in marketing and/or event planning.
- Strong technology skills and experience with Microsoft Suite, and social media.
- Knowledge of graphic design tools and video editing software is an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and capable of prioritizing work as required.
- Currently attending a post-secondary education program in a related field and enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester.
- A team player.
- Dependable & professional.
- Continuous improvement focused.
You share the following values, where you:
- Keep safety and wellness at the forefront and make decisions based on a safety-first approach.
- Demonstrate initiative, innovation, and perseverance in the face of obstacles.
- Treat people with respect and build trust by honouring your promises and being open and honest in your interactions.
- Believe in continuous learning and development for both you and your fellow team members.
- Include others in your work through community and stakeholder engagement and building relationships.
A little bit about us
Port Saint John
Located in the southern part of the New Brunswick, Port Saint John has a very diverse cargo base, handling over 28 million metric tonnes of cargo annually, including dry and liquid bulks, break bulk, containers, and cruise. This makes Saint John the largest port in Atlantic Canada.
Saint John provides global connections to over 350 ports around the world and is easily connected to central Canadian inland markets by both the Canadian National and Canadian Pacific railway systems and the Trans Canada highway. Our port is a facilitator of trade and a part of Canada's Atlantic Gateway with transportation infrastructure providing a marine gateway to global markets.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Port Saint John & What We Offer:
Port Saint John operates on the traditional and unceded territory of the Wolastoqey, the Mi'Kmaq, and Peskotomuhkati Nations. At Port Saint John our commitment to truth and reconciliation is based on a foundational respect for Indigenous culture and heritage and a desire to engage in meaningful relationships.
Through our focus on people, we serve as connectors who find innovative solutions to create economic and social value. By building partnerships, we provide a platform for prosperity and sustainability. Providing global connections to over 350 ports around the world and is easily connected to central Canadian inland markets by both the Canadian National and Canadian Pacific Railway systems and the Trans Canada highway. Our port is a facilitator of trade and part of Canada's Atlantic Gateway with transportation infrastructure providing a marine gateway to global markets.
Port Saint John wants you to be part of our team focusing on being a catalyst for growth, recognized for our community leadership.