Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) division and the Department of Health and Wellness. EMC also operates TeleHealth 811 Mental Health and Addictions for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians every day. We achieve this through more than 1,400 employees, including highly-trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers, and support staff.
Each Technician is accountable to exercise the "highest standards of cleanliness available" in the industry. The Technicians are expected to conduct themselves in a safe and prudent manner. The Technicians are largely responsible to ensure all ambulances are safe, effective, and preventatively maintained in accordance with policies and procedures as stated by EMC and Emergency Health Services (EHS) of Nova Scotia.
This position is a full-time, 12-month term opportunity.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Manager of Fleet Services, the Emergency Vehicle Technicians (EVTs) are key parts of a team that provides a well maintained, safe, effective and efficient fleet of vehicles designed to give optimal customer service and patient care.
The position entails but is not limited to the following:
- Operates all vehicles in accordance with all policies of EMC and EHS.
- Maintains and ensures proper documentation on all work orders including ODOM readings, all parts allocated to work order quantity, part numbers, detailed description for what services and repairs were conducted and all allocated labour times applied to the repair. All inspection sheets to be populated and end-of-day status report to be submitted to Fleet Manager and Team Lead (s).
- Compiles a list of any mechanical parts, supplies or tools required to be ordered on a daily basis.
- Completes all mechanical repairs as directedConducts reasonable ongoing cleanliness of station during scheduled shift.
- Performs other such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required or assigned. Offsite Operational Base Generators services and repairs.
- Takes instruction and direction operationally from the Manager, Fleet Services or alternate
What you'll need
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- Five (5) years experience as a Red Seal Certified Automotive Service Technician.
- Good experience with basic computer programs and inventory control
Knowledge & Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills in dealing with people and working in groups.
- Displays good decision-making skills and takes initiative as needed.
- Has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exercises a degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Possesses and retains a current Nova Scotia Motor Vehicle Technician Red Seal Certification in good standing.
- Working on shift (12 hour/shift. Four days on and four days off)
- Must be willing to travel to other fleet centers for operational coverage when required.
- Potential exposures to contaminated items. Irregular work schedules, work environment possibly shift work and overtime as needed. Service centers can be cluttered, greasy, and dirty at times.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC)
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services (MHS) that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) Operations division and the Department of Health and Wellness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
EMC falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions) will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce representing the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, and persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be a part of a high-performing organization, please submit your cover letter and resume. Posting will stay open until position is filled.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.