Apex Industries Inc. - Product Development and Automation Group
Apex Industries Inc. are currently accepting applications for an Electromechanical Technician. Reporting to the Group Manager or designate, the primary role of this full-time position is to manually assemble & integrate complex electromechanical devices, mechanisms and electrical control devices. Assembly of pneumatic and cable harnesses is required.
This position is responsible for both component level assembly activities and follow-up integration into top-level machine tool sub-systems. You will also be required to perform mechanical and electrical alignment processes, machine tool calibrations and to follow established test procedures for end production verification purposes. Some weekend work and/or overtime may be required. Occasional travel may be required.
- Assemble electromechanical devices and electrical control system panels, including component mounting and point to point wiring and labeling.
- Load required firmware and software to control systems.
- Complete electrical alignment and settings. May include tuning of servo control systems.
- Assemble test set-ups and perform tests to verify component or sub-system functionality and performance characteristics. This includes troubleshooting, diagnosing component and interconnects level faults.
- Manage and track all documentation and materials delivered from the inventory area.
- Support the Technical Support and Manufacturing Engineering teams to help diagnose field problems.
- Diploma in Engineering Technology in either industrial control or mechanical options or equivalent work experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Capable of reading electrical schematics, pneumatic process diagrams and mechanical assembly drawings.
- Computer experience with Windows based applications.
- Previous experience using oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Experience using mechanical measurement equipment including, calipers, depth gauges, dial indicators.
- Strong trouble shooting & diagnostic capabilities
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, pneumatic process diagrams and mechanical assembly drawings.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates other business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing / distribution of metal doors, frames and related hardware, sales / service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Please submit your resume quoting competition number 25ET523 to Human Resources by:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 100 Millennium Blvd
Moncton, NB E1E 2G8