Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken Robotics is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our team in Mount Pearl, Canada.
What you'll do
- Develop and create system configuration drawings for all major assemblies and sub-assembly components
- Create, update and maintain drawing packages for different products
- Follow internal document management and revision control procedures
- Work with other departments to ensure the integrity and completeness of documented systems
- Participate in the review and approval process of all documents generated
- Work with production team to identify issues and evaluate, implement and track changes
- Issue approved documentation packages
- Secondary - Assist engineers, technologists and technicians as required in lab, on the production floor or offsite:
- Testing and troubleshooting of electronic circuits and systems
- Development and updating of test procedures for PCBs.
- Provide technical support during functional testing of systems.
- Provide field technical support for customers (international travel required)
- Development of PCB boards
- Repair of electrical / electronic circuits
- ·Additional related tasks as assigned.
What you'll need
Graduation from a recognized post secondary institution with certificate or diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent
Experience documenting product designs at an engineering level
Experience creating documentation that assists users to build and configure individual system sub-assemblies
Knowledge of drafting software packages for electrical drawings
Demonstrated effective written skills specific to engineering specifications
Ability to understand and use blueprints and other project planning/technical documents
Ability to plan, prioritize and multitask multiple projects or tasks
Strong written and oral communication skills
Experience with E-CAD software would be considered an asset
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence - which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.