Apex Industries Inc. - Product Development and Automation Group
Apex is currently accepting resumes for an Electrical Designer role in its Product Development and Automation Group. This is a full-time position reporting to the Control System Engineer or designate. The primary role of this position is to support and implement control system development, procurement, commissioning, design changes, performance planning, modification, and documentation, as well as provide customer or tech support for delivered equipment.
- Support Control System Engineer with system development and support activities related to custom automation equipment, including electrical design (i.e. AC main power entry or distribution, motor control, digital or analog I/O control, and schematic generation).
- Support procurement and tracking of control system project hardware and ensure alternate part selection recommendations are made in event of procurement delay or part issues.
- Support the Control System Engineer with the commissioning and troubleshooting of automated manufacturing equipment, including interconnect wiring supervision, I/O verification, software functional testing, and validation.
- Support lab assembly and equipment troubleshooting and commissioning activities.
- Provide remote customer troubleshooting support for delivered equipment.
- Occasional field installation and on-site repair or customer service for diagnostic activities.
- Plan and perform project activities as directed by project leaders and management.
- Implement control system design changes and new control system functions for custom automation systems as directed by project leaders and management.
- Coordinate with Software Development and Mechanical Design staff to ensure electrical and software requirements match with mechanism and process design.
- Support the modification and creation of electrical schematics and electrical panel layout for custom automation equipment.
- Ensure program documentation, operations documentation, and user guides are developed and maintained in accordance with required standards.
- Provide technical support for the organization to ensure timely resolution of reported problems.
- Design and coordinate experiments and tests to resolve control system issues, as required.
- Bachelors' Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or equivalent level of education, experience, and qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and problem-solving skills for electromechanical equipment, AC and DC circuits, servo, stepper, and 3 phase motor motion control systems and machine control techniques.
- Understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code with capability to interpret electrical standards.
- Knowledge of pneumatic technology in automation.
- Familiarity with EPLAN, SolidWorks, Electrical, and Auto-Cad Electrical.
- Motivated self-starter capable of working both independently or as part of a team.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Please submit your resume quoting competition number 25ED0323 to Human Resources by:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 100 Millennium Blvd
Moncton NB E1E 2G8