Are you looking to work in an organization that provides meaningful support and care to Nova Scotians every day? An organization that is about being there for all Nova Scotians when they need it most? An organization recognized throughout the province by its dedicated paramedics, medical communications officers and support team ready to come to your aid? Then this is your opportunity to be part of that team that works together for all Nova Scotians' health and safety!
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) division and the Department of Health and Wellness. As well, EMC operates TeleHealth 811 Mental Health and Addictions for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians each and every day. We achieve this through the more than 1,400 employees who work with us including highly-trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers and support staff.
As an employee of EMC we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety related initiatives, as well as acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a healthy, safe and respectful workplace.
Reporting to the LifeFlight Senior Manager and working closely with the System Performance Department, the Administrator is responsible for reporting, record management, quality improvement support and other administrative functions. The information generated by this position is vital for decision-making, legislative and contractual reporting, quality management and system oversight.
In addition, the Administrator provides user technical support and oversight of key organizational systems, including Flight Vector (LF CAD), Patient Care Reporting (ePCR), and SharePoint. Other duties include auditing, trending and providing administrative back up to the EHS LifeFlight Program.
This position requires quality, accurate and reliable work from a flexible and responsible individual, who will work within a highly confidential work environment, assisting in the efficient and effective management of LifeFlight data, reporting and system management processes.
As an employee of EMC, we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety related initiatives, as well as acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on privacy, patient safety and a safe workplace.
What you'll do
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Working with both the LifeFlight and the EMC System Performance teams (namely the Quality improvement and Data Management Team) to design, produce and distribute reports from Flight Vector, ePCR and other data sources to facilitate regular and ad hoc data and information requests.
- Coordinates all reporting deliverables, ensuring reports are accurate and delivered in a timely fashion as per contractual requirements.
- Assist managers in the development and refinement of new and existing reports and data entry tools to measure outcomes important to the organization, government and other stakeholders.
- Compile LifeFlight statistical reports and assist with all other information reporting.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement program and provide statistical information to assist in identifying trends
- Working with the Clinical Applications team, this role will administer the Patient Care Reporting (ePCR) system workflow process, including record management and user access.
- In collaboration with the LifeFlight administration team, assist with new projects and growth initiatives of the program
- Coordinate with the Billing Department to validate the monthly billing activity of the program.
- Participate in committee work as required
- Participate in the LifeFlight accreditation process as required
- Support the Managers, Supervisors, and clinical leaders as needed and perform other duties that may be assigned
What you'll need
- Graduate of a recognized educational program for administrative professionals or Data Administration. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Three to five years related experience in Data administration/management including report development.
- Experience in a health care organization is considered an asset.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self starter that can work independently, but also be a strong team player.
- Ability to solve problems, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SharePoint an asset.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the policies, structure and functions of internal administrative systems and practices applicable in private industry.
A little bit about us
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC)
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services (MHS) that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) Operations division and the Department of Health and Wellness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What we offer:
- 100% Employer paid Health, Vision, and Dental
- Health spending account
- Matching pension plan
- Fitness benefit
- Paid vacation and holidays, as well, we offer a vacation purchase plan for additional time off
- Personal days
- Employee discounts offering great discounts at various businesses
- Much, much more!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Emergency Medical Care falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions), will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be a part of a high performing organization, please submit your cover letter and resume.