Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous-owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater's Bedford, NS location requires an E-Commerce Customer Service Representative.
Purpose of Position
The Customer Service Representative of the E-commerce division is responsible for the day to day operations on the sales and clerical side of the E-Commerce department. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of an e-commerce sales department, and strong customer service abilities.
This position reports to the E-Commerce Customer Service Manager.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Answering Calls and Emails
- Processing Orders
- Assisting Customer online
- Taking orders over the phone
- Entering Orders into the Website
- Creating Shipments in FedEx, UPS or Purolator software
- Creating Shipments from the Website
- Processing Customer complaints
- Processing Invoices and Purchase orders
- Tracking of Shipments
- Fulfilling special requests such as gift certificates or gift packages
- Ordering products
- Assisting with ideas to generate sales; such as specials
- Website maintenance:
- Reporting any issues encountered with website and assisting to find resolution
- Changing prices or hiding products that are low in inventory
- Providing necessary info to add or change existing products
- Working with the General Manager to provide pricing to customers for special requests or promos
- Hours of work will be between 32 - 40+ hrs per week. Hours during Christmas week and New Years week may exceed 48 +
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Problem solving
- Customer Service
- Team Focused
- Ability to be pro-active as opposed to reactive
- Detail Orientated
- Ability to build strong working relationships with customers
- Self starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience within an e-commerce type setting
- SAP user knowledge is an asset
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.