FundyPros is the largest Drywall Contractor in Atlantic Canada and we've secured large construction projects in the Fredericton region.
We're looking for experienced and qualified Drywall Tapers to be part of our team.
The Drywall Taper has the following responsibilities:
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine or trowel and embed tape in compound
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
Health and Safety Responsiblities:
- Ensure the safe loading, staging and cleaning of the site
- Adhere to all FundyPros Health and Safety policies and practices to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hard hat, steel toe boots, masks and other safety personal protective equipment
- Adhere to fall arrest practices, and other construction safety procedures
- Report near misses, or potential safety threats and or accidents immediately to Foreman.
What you'll need
The position requires that the incumbent have the following educational skills:
- Reading skills to be able to read instructions on various tasks related to the work being completed
- Mathematical Skills to be able to add, subtract and multiply figures and measurements
- Must be aware of safety practices, for example when using ladders, scaffolds, power tools, knives and materials.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
FundyPros Specialty Construction
Since 1993, we've been raising the standards and expectations in our industry.Today, we're now the largest specialty construction firm in New Brunswick and pride ourselves on the people and practices we employ.
We work with the best. Our team of professionals is over 250 strong and growing? and as a leader in our industry, we attract the best trades people around.
We're big on safety. We pride ourselves on our safety practices and make every effort to meet & exceed NBCSA and OHS Act and Regulations.
We set the pace. To ensure quality and value for our clientele, our workforce is constantly learning, training and certifying ? keeping us at the forefront (and ahead of the curve) of what we do.
Our values are strong
- Safety: Safety is our way of life.
- Accountability: We bear the consequences of our actions and inactions.
- Integrity: We are honest and real.
- Quality: What we do, we do well.
- Learning: We are eager to listen, to discover, to learn and to teach.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer competitive wages, a benefit plan and an optional pension plan. Let's not forget, we offer a fantastic work environment based on respect and integrity.
Subcontractors are also welcomed!