Privately owned and operated, The Shaw Group Limited is one of Eastern Canada's leading real estate developers, community developers, and natural resource manufacturers. With its 158-year history in Atlantic Canada, excellent reputation, solid balance sheet, vast land holdings, and a focus on products for the construction industry, the Company is well positioned for continued growth.
We are currently looking for Class 1 Driver (Straight Truck with hitch-hiker forklift) for our Fredericton, NB operation. Reporting to the Dispatcher, the successful candidate will be accountable, reliable and safety conscious.
Key Responsibilities & Priorities:
- The flatbed transportation of brick, concrete and palletized products in a safe and efficient manner, throughout Atlantic Canada.
- While the majority of work is within New Brunswick, as a driver for Shaw Brick, you must be willing to make periodic trips to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Ontario or Quebec as required.
- Comply with legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods and weights and dimensions.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers
- Assist in loading and unloading of tractor
- Safe operation of a forklift.
- Safety in the yard, including safe conduct by all customers and staff.
- Loading and unloading of trucks both by hand and using the forklift.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements
- Deliver product and proper paperwork in a courteous and timely manner
- Other duties as required
- Valid Class I Driver's License and a clean driver's abstract
- A safety conscious, reliable and positive teamwork attitude
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience driving
- Boom certification and / or experience is nice to have but not required
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, including customer service skills
- Willingness to participate in our Drug & Alcohol Testing program
- Grade XII or equivalent
- English fluency
Why work for Shaw Transport Division?
- Excellent benefits including; health, life insurance, long term-disability & Company matched pension
- Local work, Drivers are usually home every night
- Seasonal work April-November with overtime available after 9 hours daily
- Safe equipment
- Free on-site parking
- Market competitive compensation
Why work for The Shaw Group?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies and Shaw Brick please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.