Door and Frame Fabricator
Door Opening Solutions
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Door and Frame Fabricator within its Door Opening Solutions Group.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Operations Supervisor. The primary role of this position is to fabricate hollow metal doors and frames using welding and sheet metal fabrication skills. Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Safely operate various power tools including MIG welders, saws, presses, and punching equipment.
- Perform light gauge metal welding and have a practical understanding of metal doors and frames and their uses.
- Interprets work orders and hardware templates, schedules.
- Install glass in doors, frames and borrowed lites.
- Some heavy lifting as required.
- Maintain a safe work environment while complying with all company policies.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve to the shop supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read imperial & metric measurements.
- Able to read technical drawings of doors and frames.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work on their own and under tight deadlines.
- Wire feed welding experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work with power tools (grinder, jig saw, mitre saw)
- Strong teamwork values.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department by
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 100 Millennium Blvd, Moncton, NB, E1E 2G8
We thank all applicants for their interest in becoming an APEXer, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A little bit about us
Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.