Apex Industries Inc. - Door Opening Solutions Group
Looking for a stable and team-oriented work environment within the construction industry? Apex is currently accepting resumes for a Door and Frame Welder-Finisher within its Door Opening Solutions Group. Join Atlantic Canada's Leader in the Architectural Door, Frame, and Hardware industry. The Door and Frame Welder-Finisher role is a full-time, day shift position reporting to the Operations Supervisor. The primary role of this position is to weld and prepare hollow metal doors and frames.
- Safely operate various power tools including, MIG welders, saws, presses, and punching equipment.
- Perform light gauge metal welding and have a practical understanding of metal doors and frames, as well as their uses.
- Interpret work orders, hardware templates, and schedules.
- Install glass in doors, frames, and borrowed lites.
- Some heavy lifting.
- Maintain a safe work environment while complying with all company policies and procedures.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Recognize and communicate areas for improvement to the shop supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read imperial and metric measurements.
- Ability to read technical drawings of doors and frames.
- Strong teamwork values and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instruction under little or no supervision with tight deadlines.
- Wire feed welding experience would be considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools (i.e. hammer, saw, drill, hand-tools, etc.) and power tools (i.e. grinder, jig saw, miter saw, etc.).
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Please submit your resume quoting competition number 28DFW0523 to Human Resources by:
Email : [email protected]
Fax : 506-857-1594
Mail : 100 Millennium Blvd
Moncton NB E1E 2G8