Position: Donor Engagement Coordinator (12 Month Contract)
Department: Development, Office of Advancement
Annual Salary: $39,000 - $48,000 + 4% in lieu of vacation
Under the supervision of the Stewardship Officer, the Donor Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the organization and coordination of donor events and donor recognition programs. The Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing programs, strategies and events that foster positive relationships with Saint Mary's University and for communicating in a way that keeps our donor community informed and involved. Responsibilities will include organizing donor events and participating in the meaningful acknowledgement and recognition of gifts.
What you'll do
- Organizes large-scale, high-profile recognition events (e.g., gift announcements, ground breakings, grand openings, donor receptions, special performances) on campus, in the community, and occasionally abroad. This may involve, but is not limited to creation of the event agenda, engagement of speakers, booking of venue, contracting of audio-visual services, distribution of invitations, tracking of participants, purchase of gifts, arrangements of photography and publicity, budgeting and reconciliation, etc.
- Organizes special campus visits, tours, speaking engagements, luncheons with student award recipients, etc. for donors and prospective donors
- Collaborates with appropriate development staff on the design and execution of selected stewardship events
- Liaises with Alumni staff in developing recognition programs and special events to cultivate potential alumni donors.
- Liaises with and serves as a resource for interdepartmental special events and volunteer committees.
- Proactively seeks engagement opportunities for donors of all gift levels. Maintains an inventory of such opportunities.
- Develops a comprehensive schedule of donor events for each calendar year.
- Makes guest recommendations for event invitation lists based on donors' interests and relationships
- Arranges invitations to special events (e.g., institutional anniversary celebrations, retirement parties, president's ideas exchanges, distinguished lectures, etc.)
- Provides on-site oversight on event days to direct activities and problem solve as needed
- As needed, initiates post-event follow up activities (participant surveys, thank you correspondence, invoice processing, etc.)
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date database records of donors' stewardship activity
- Manages a system to prepare, send and track acknowledgements from the Dean, Director, Chairs, Associate Director and development staff for selected gifts
- Arranges the ordering and installation of various donor recognition items (e.g., plaques, donor walls, etc.)
- Coordinates scholarship recipient communications with scholarship donors, including thank you letters to be written by students
- Assists in following gift agreements and accompanying terms of reference through the approval and signature processes. Works with development staff and financial aid in revising existing terms of reference with necessary changes.
What you'll need
To be the successful Donor Engagement Coordinator, you will possess a Bachelor's degree and/or completion of a community college level program in Fundraising, Public Relations or related field. You will also have a minimum of one (1) year of directly related experience in fund development, communications, or public relations. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills with attention to detail; strong experience in writing correspondence or copy; and experience with donor databases and prospect tracking systems will ensure your success in this position. Knowledge of a university environment will be considered an asset.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: August 6, 2019 Competition Closes: August 16, 2019
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus
Tenure Track Position in Finance - Derivatives and Risk Management
Halifax, NS, CA
Tenure Track Position in Finance - Financial Theory and Asset Pricing or Fixed Income Securities
Halifax, NS, CA
Web Developer (1 Year Contract) (NSGEU Local 79)
Halifax, NS, CA
Residence Coordinator (Part-Time Contract)
Halifax, NS, CA
Administrative Assistant to the Vice President, Advancement (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA