Imperial Manufacturing Group is currently looking for a Distribution Manager to join our winning team.
As our ideal candidate you are responsible to plan, execute, direct, and control the transportation and movement of goods and products to IMG?s client base. Working in a fast paced environment, you are able to complete tasks in a timely manner while also overseeing personnel and controlling costs. The successful candidate is proactive, energetic, customer focused and results driven.
What you'll do
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate modes of transportation, as well as evaluate efficiencies
- Coordinate, arrange and monitor transportation and movement of goods
- Plan, organize and direct administrative services
- Set performance goals and focus the team on clear goals
- Direct and coordinate the activities of warehouse personnel and ensure the effective delivery of their responsibilities, plan and schedule activities essential to ensure prompt delivery of merchandise and proper storage of goods and materials
- Performance management of the warehouse personnel including maintaining effective employee relations, monitoring performance, resolution of conflicts and performance problems
- Proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and ensure that all workplace safety policies and procedures are enforced and meet legislative requirements
- Oversee the leasing of facility space
- Oversee the maintenance equipment
- Coordinate cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations
- Plan and manage facility?s budget
- Recruit personnel and oversee training
- Comply and propose safety policies, including determination of dangerous goods and ensure compliance with transports regulations
- Prepare reports for senior management
- All other duties as assigned
What you'll need
- University degree or college diploma in business administration or transportation or a combination of equivalent education and work experience
- 5 - 10 years experience in transportation, distribution and/or manufacturing industry
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills and abilities
- Proactive, energetic, customer focused and results driven
- Team player with strong organizational skills who is able to function in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills are essential
- Desire to continuously learn, resourceful and able to initiate change in a positive manner
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of ?Canada?s Best Managed Companies ? Platinum Club?, our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be their best every day by encouraging them to think on their feet?.to take an idea from start to finish?.to take ownership of their job?and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be received before June 19th 2017
IMG ? Proud to be an equal opportunity employer