The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to be assisting their client, Fredericton Playhouse Inc in finding their first Director of Growth and Development to join their team. Fredericton Playhouse Inc. is a charitable non-profit organization that manages and develops a 709-seat performance venue.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Growth and Development is a new senior leadership role responsible for program and audience development. They provide leadership and work collaboratively to ensure the organization is evolving to achieve strategic organizational goals.
They work directly with funders, donors, community partners, and a management team to develop audiences and community engagement through effective fundraising, marketing and creative program delivery. Specifically, they lead a team that is responsible for 3 main areas:
- Marketing and Communications - brand management, messaging, and marketing in a data-driven environment
- Programs - development and execution of multiple performance series, community engagement, and access programs.
- Fund Development - public and private grants, philanthropy, and sponsorship to support program delivery.
A creative and relationship-driven force, the successful candidate will have a depth of experience in strategic leadership, human resources, and project management. They will have a well-developed understanding of marketing, philanthropy, and fundraising principles and contemporary practices. They will enjoy the challenge of developing audiences and support for the Fredericton Playhouse and will have an appreciation of the public value of the performing arts (e.g., music, theatre, dance, etc.).
What you'll do
· Provide leadership, strategic oversight and support to the Programs, Marketing & Communications, and Development business units - developing goals/objectives and achieving progress/results collaboratively.
· Ensure that business units are working towards common goals -- integrating and supporting one another's work.
· Manage direct reports (hiring, training, collaborating, providing feedback, performance management, human resources functions, etc.)
· Direct and undertake various business development initiatives.
· Solicit, develop, and oversee partnerships and sponsorships with local organizations, businesses, and governments that:
o promote audience development/engagement; and
o develop the organization's financial capacity to deliver its programs and strengthen its impact.
· Direct and manage key performance indicators for each business unit and help develop approaches to ongoing analysis and measurement.
· Maintain a basic working knowledge of all direct reports' job functions to ensure redundancy in job knowledge within the Growth and Development business units.
· Collaborate with the senior management team on organizational planning and budgeting.
· Gather and analyze feedback from partners and audiences for reporting and continuous improvement.
· Monitor and report on the financial performance of managed business units
· Maintain and report statistics on fundraising, program delivery, audience engagement and other organizational key result indicators.
What you'll need
- University degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent
- 5-7 years of demonstrated progressive experience in a similar role
- Financial skills in order to prepare budgets, forecast and report results, analyze variances, etc.
- Possess strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to develop and close business opportunities
- Excellent prospecting and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects at the same time without supervision, excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office 365 and an aptitude for learning new technology applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience, mediate and facilitate communications between others
- Must have ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders on complex issues
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions
- High energy team builder with leadership skills, committed to continuous improvement
- Maintain excellent communication and relationships with others; be a team player; maintain a positive attitude, and work collaboratively cross functionally
The starting salary range for this position will be between $73,000 and $95,500 annually and will be based on the successful candidate's experience and training.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.