As the Director of Finance, you will oversee all financial aspects of Dash Hudson, and help drive the company's financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
The Director of Finance has a broad knowledge in accounting, financial, and business principles. You are a strategic thinker and effective leader who can make the most profitable decisions. Your goal is to guide the company toward profitability and long-term success. You will enable Dash Hudson to make smarter, more informed decisions faster. Your team's analysis will support strategic decision-making by the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
At Dash Hudson, you will be given the opportunity to take risks, learn, and grow your career. You'll be joining a talented, hardworking team with leading policies and practices recognized not only as a top employer in Nova Scotia but as a top small-to-medium-sized employer in Canada.
What you'll do
A Director of Finance is a professional who is charged with ensuring the stability of a company's finances. They assess financial impacts and identify solutions to any issues that may arise, all while preparing reports for management on the company's financial status to make important decisions about future investments or budgets accordingly.
Finance and Accounting
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Work with the CFO to set up and oversee the company's finance IT stack.
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations.
- Manage relationships with banking partners, audit and tax partners, and lawyers when required.
- Review and approve timely reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage tax strategies in all subsidiaries.
- Manage and build compensation and bonus structures and payout for each department.
- Assist in due diligence for external stakeholders.
- Manage equity plan with CFO and external legal team.
- Prepare investor quarterly reports.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Translate the company strategy into a long-range financial plan supported by budgets and forecasting.
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting.
- Analyze the trends of our SaaS metrics and identify the cause of any variances.
- Continually improve budgeting and forecasting.
- Develop annual budgets for each department.
- Update SaaS performance metrics quarterly.
- Help improve the current pro forma process.
- Lead the Finance team to achieve specific objectives and key results (OKRs). Develop their skill sets and career paths.
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership from Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product departments.
- Ensure the process for each finance position is documented for each member of the team.
What you'll need
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- CPA designation in good standing.
- 3+ years experience managing a team.
- Loves to be proactive, problem-solve, and live and breathe data.
- Demonstrated continuous learning in your field.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Dash Hudson was founded in 2015 with the mission of helping the world's most important companies deepen engagement with their consumers through photos and videos. Today, Dash Hudson continues to enable forward-thinking brands like Condé Nast, Apple, and Estée Lauder to inform strategy and leverage actionable insights for meaningful audience engagement. Dash Hudson takes it to the next level by predicting the performance of photos and videos, analyzing trends, and accelerating brand growth across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and e-commerce marketing channels.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Dash Hudson, we strive to build great solutions that solve real problems for marketers, and are unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do. To achieve our goals as a company and provide a service to our customers that is unmatched, we believe that collaboration and support among the team is what propels us forward.
Dash Hudson would not exist without dedicated employees who contribute their unique skills, voices, and ideas to the long-term success of the company. Building a diverse and talented team is an integral part of creating an innovative and well-rounded product, and work environment.
Dash Hudson's hiring practices and company culture does not condone discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
At Dash Hudson, our team is our competitive advantage. We are committed to supporting one another and we work hard to make sure everyone has the support they need. In addition to health and dental benefits for you and your family, you can also expect:
- Vacation, personal days and sick time
- RRSP/401k matching
- Annual mental health benefit
- Quarterly wellness benefit
- Donation matching program
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Work-from-home benefit
- Flexible working hours and location
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities
Don't meet every qualification? Research shows that equity-deserving groups like women and people of colour are 20% less likely to apply to jobs unless they are 100% qualified. Dash Hudson is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion by being representative of the diverse communities that we serve. We have a culture that values differences and ensures that every current and prospective team member has equitable access to opportunities to succeed. If you are interested and excited about this role but your qualifications don't match up perfectly, we encourage you to still apply. You may be the best candidate for this role.